1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
"PERIODS OF RAIN...WITH EMBEDDED THUNDERSTORMS...WILL LIKELY
PRODUCE ONE TO LOCALLY THREE INCHES OF RAIN THIS AFTERNOON
THROUGH TUESDAY EVENING. THIS RAIN FALLING ON STILL PARTIALLY
FROZEN AND SATURATED SOILS WILL LIKELY RESULT IN QUICK RUNOFF.
FLOODING OF LOW LYING AREAS AS WELL AS CREEKS...STREAMS...AND
RIVERS IS POSSIBLE."

·
Premium Member
11,485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Come on help a guy out, wash your cars put the dog out something. I got enough rain.

Looks like 5 inches west of C-U Il.

·
Registered
911 Posts
I got a spare bucket or 2 I could send U. Sure don't need that rain on still partially frozen ground. Should make Evergreen look like storage for the Hershey candy company. Couldn't you hold off on rain til July.

·
Registered
146 Posts
They can't seem to keep those fish IN the lake. Each and every Spring loads of them go over that spillway.
The worst part about it is that the powers that be DON'T CARE about the fishing leaving the lake and as long as we as fishermen keep buying those boat stickers and filling the campground they never will lift a finger to prevent fish loss over the spillway.

Lots and lots of tax payer money sitting below that dam.
Makes me wonder why I buy my boat sticker each and every year.

·
Registered
808 Posts
Bottom of the spillway used to be a good place for the shore fisherman to have a chance at a nice fish, but now it is off limits. They should allow fishing down there and if it is such a problem with people removing undersized fish, then TICKET them!

Ok, getting down from my soap box now. lol

·
Registered
911 Posts
Reel wrote"and if it is such a problem with people removing undersized fish, then TICKET them! " Great thought! but, but we are not in Wis.,or Iowa. Our IL DNR don't like to waste their time with fish things.....They would rather/have to? check for speeders & stop sign runners so they can check cars for drugs(thats good but) so they can impound cars make big $$$ arrest for YOUR GOV's general fund. At shabbona U can fish below dam and boy do those meat folks do it. Lots 20-30 inch musky hitting their fry pans every spring. Try to say something to the meat head and they say well we don't know what kind of fish it was so its OK that we kept/killed it. On the bright side ---there was one(number 1 ) report of a meat head releasing musky when informed of size/type of fish last year.
U'all have a good day now...............

·
Registered
916 Posts
Note to self:
Fish the Mac this spring...... Maybe behind the GC,

·
Premium Member
11,485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Note to self.
In better shape to tag with Lab dude.
Plus he will be gone prime white run.
No competition.

·
Premium Member
11,485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Pretty muddy still. And the DNR is out and about. Seemed to be counting deer. See other post.....

·
Registered
911 Posts
I thought that new 2-3 years ago fence they put below big E dam was supposely catching most of fish. Isn't it about 14 or 18 feet high? Guess nothin is 100% :roll:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts