ChicagoLand Fishing Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
6,090 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Whos is up for a fun shoot this Fri or Sat. evening? Should be in the mid 40s and the carp are in at 3 Rivers! Time to dust those boats off and get shooting.....

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
I'll try to make it, I have to remount my shooting platform and lights on my boat. I took off the platform because I want to lower it a bit.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Well, I'm putting the finishing touches on the "Piece of Carp" boat and she should be sea worthy by this weekend, so I'm in. Not to mention I need to shoot something....BAD!

·
Registered
426 Posts
If I had a boat to shoot out of I'd be in. Maybe ill come down and try to stick some from shore.

·
Premium Member
8,116 Posts
Brad, You'd be welcome to shoot with me but right now I'm not sure that I am going to be able to get the boat out of the back yard. There's about 3" of water back there and driving back there would really tear the place up. If I do get it out, I'll give you a yell. I'm not all tricked out like the other guys, but it's a functional jonboat with the basics. I just have to rig some lights up....

·
Registered
1,521 Posts
Brad, you need to check your PM's from time to time.

I hope to get my boat in the water this weekend, but it will be during the daylight hours if I do.

·
Premium Member
8,116 Posts
Brad- Go with the Spinner man, because I will not be able to make it... Asked my wife if she would mind, then I was reminded it was "date night" which means Grandma has the kids and I'll be up late, just not shooting fish 8:)

·
Registered
426 Posts
Thanks for the offer anyway tom. Shoot straight ;)

Ed I sent you a pm.

Also what day is this happening? I have work till 6 on friday but could try to race down there and be there around 730 8ish.

·
Registered
6,090 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
What day is better for everyone? Tom.....you know bowfishing could be a cool thing to do on date night :-D .......guess not huh? :lol:
We might want to put this off a week.......looks like we will be in the low 20s both nights, and only around 40 in the day time. Not that the cold bothers me .....Im just saying.....They are also calling for snow the 1st week of April!!! Global warming huh! :evil: :-D

·
Registered
1,521 Posts
Strelnikov said:
Based on the snow and cold weather I will probably not have my boat rigged by this weekend.
Based on the same forecast, the boat is going to remain in the garage for another week and I will work on some other projects I need to complete around the house. You're all more than welcome to come help me.

I'm just not a hardcore bowfisher like Ejoe. It's one thing to hunt ducks and geese in the snow, but I can shoot carp in July.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts