ChicagoLand Fishing Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Everyone will see this fish as soon as I learn how to download onto forum. I should have it squared away by tomorrow. Has anyone ever caught a larger eye (26"+) out of the Fox? If yes, then do you have proof?

·
Registered
228 Posts
Are you sure its a walleye?I was out Saturday morning on the Fox and there was a guy who had a muskies on a stringer(like he said"one for the neighbor!"that he was dangling around like a puppet so all could see what a sportsman he really was.If so,sorry for the bad conversation and ugly looks.If not,Id really like to see the pics of the fish after you post.If you need help posting send me a message.

·
Registered
148 Posts
I don't doubt you. My personal best from the Fox is 21. I know I have seen and tied into larger fish, just haven't finished the job. Most local fishermen don't doubt the quality or quantity of fishable waters in our area, why do so many doubt the trophy potential? The big fish are there.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
it's not a matter of doubting the River, it's a question of the "guesstimated weight" based on the length & "width" rather than the standard "GIRTH" (which would have made it very easy to calculate the fishes weight to within an ounce or so) If the fish is "X" long and has "Y" girth then there is a very accurate method to calculate "Z" as its weight! a 26 inch Walleye is very short for the 8 LB class, by my calculations at 26 inch long it would need a girth of almost 17 inches to hit the 8 LB class, that would make one very OBESE walleye! A 26 inch Eye is a great fish just about anywhere you can catch them but 26 inches doesn't make for 8 lb.s Sorry!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Bob Hicks on 2002-04-24 20:47 ]</font>

·
Registered
228 Posts
EEEEEEEEEYYYYYYYYEEE captian,thare she blows... in all seriousness,I hope that this (thing)is what (it) claims to be.Hearing and hopefully oneday seeing this monster might make me a partial believer.Ive doubted this river for potential and it is prove that bigger and better fish get landed have came forth and shown themselves.1st trip on the Fox this year last Saturday,Needless to say I will be back in novice,not amuetur so called conditions where some of you will witness the CandR of a monster.Probably 4 if 5 know of this goal,and it is completely obtainable.God bless......

·
Registered
15 Posts
:)11
Come on anonymous, the croud is getting pretty restless in anticipation of this monster eye. We need some closure on this fish, WE NEED A PIC!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: woodson on 2002-04-25 08:18 ]</font>

·
Registered
300 Posts
Yeah no kidding.Maybe thats why he's taking sooooooo long to post the picture.He's probably searching trying to find the biggest eye picture he can find on the internet.Then again he my be telling the truth. Hell Sitting next to Elvis I was wading the Fox with Jimmy Hoffa.HA

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: spvergara on 2002-04-25 10:44 ]</font>

·
Premium Member
2,679 Posts
Regards to the Giant Walleye;
It may be so,but I don't know. It sounds so awfully quer. I hate to say it sounds like hell, but B.S. just shouldn't grow here.
Honesty is the best policy.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.