ChicagoLand Fishing Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,604 Posts
:flag:

I'm involved with a few friends who's family has & are serving as we speak (write) have partcipated in many functions & drives for goodies, magazines at least 4/6 a year. Well not to pat myself on the back but it seems like I can NEVER feel nor be fully satisfied that its enough? The ultimate will be in June (as mentioned before 8 months or so ago in a different thread) a trip to the re-hab facility with my GOOD FRIEND to spend a day with our vets.

"GOD BLESS OUR PEOPLE WHO SERVE THIS GREAT COUNTRY OF OURs"

·
Registered
40 Posts
Organizations like the one's Major League Baseball is supporting are invaluable. I was home from the Army for a year and a half working garbage jobs before I went to a vet center to ammend some simple paperwork. A year and a half later I'm receieveing some substantail benefits I didn't know I was entitled... Or was too burned out to listen to being entitled to when I was sitting in outprocessing briefings. I'm also participating in helmets to hardhats a program that personally assists veterans secure good jobs with solid construction unions. This is a long process but it deffintley changed my future and the future I'll be able to provide my family. I'll be taking the Local 1 ironworker test in April if it wasn't for them I would have never known about it or the fact I get a 10% ranking preference. Anyone out there who knows veterans I strongly reccomend you tell them to check out a vet center when they get home to speak with a counselor and if they're looking for work military.com and helmets to hardhats can be a invaluable help. Also if anyone knows an ironworker I could buy a beer or two for and get a refrence from it wouldn't hurt to have a connection on the inside from what I hear about Chicago unions.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts