ChicagoLand Fishing Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,936 Posts
Why do White Sox fans ALWAYS, in addition to wanting the Sox to win , want the Cubs to lose? Is it because of some sort of inferior thinking process that has permeated only the south side? Possibly the stench left over from the "glory" days of the stockyards. Or maybe the billions of gallons of diesel fuel remnants dropped on their head from jets landing at midway has clouded their brains. It could be that they have attended too many south side Irish parades and they have destoyed their remaining brain cells with booze. The only other thing it could be is the frustration Sox fans feel when they sit in their stadium with the other 109 sox fans and listen to the radio and hear the deafening cheers of the 30000 plus fans that pack Wrigley every game. Oh well I hope both teams win. And I pray that Sox fans seek therapy.

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It's a Chicago thing

I wish the Cubs well too. It's just that being a White Sox fan, it's inbred into my brain, from my upbringing. We used to go to Sox games for $1. Remeber the "Grand Stand Fans" who heckled players so much they often had to leave games due to migrain headaches. I recall them yelling at Detroit's Willie Horton..."Fee Fi Fo Fum, Willie Horton is a bum." Or some player named Dick Billings. The fans would yell, "Hey Billings, you lost your fillings! Hey Billings go back to Montana." (Billings Montana is a town) The rivalry between White Sox fans and Cub fans is something that will never go away. It is a fact of life. Both the White Sox and Cubs are playing very well. Is this the year both appear in the world series? 100 years from the Cubs winning it would be a nice thing if both teams made it. I don't hate the Cubs. I just wish they lose every game, get kicked out of baseball, and hope they never get any news media coverage ever again. Why do I hope these things? Because I am a White Sox fan to the end! The Cubs stink. I hope they win every game for the rest of this season. They still stink. Go Cubs go. I hope they lose every game from now on. If you are a Chicagoan, it's hard to be a fan of both baseball teams. It can start some serious aregueing. In Chicago, many say you either are a Sox fan or Cubs fan. Some hecklers don't allow someone to root for both teams. It just isn't Chicago-like to root for both. I root for both, but the Cubs still stink! /iagree /wtf /argue

·
Registered
1,554 Posts
Re: It's a Chicago thing

fishrelease said:
I wish the Cubs well too. It's just that being a White Sox fan, it's inbred into my brain, from my upbringing. /iagree /wtf /argue

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

·
Registered
356 Posts
I always wish the cubs to lose, especially home games, not only because I'm a die hard sox fan but because then I dont have to listen to their pompous asshole fanbase heckle me on the train on the way home from work just because I have a sox hat on. I mean we've won a series in the past 100 years and they haven't but you'd never know it listening to them. The funniest part of all is my train is a SOUTH SIDE train! Go figure it would be loaded with Cubs fans.

·
Registered
356 Posts
danaconda said:
the sox have also thrown a world series the last 100 years.
Thats true but the Cubs have blamed a FAN for their losing ways in the past 100 years also. Thats pretty bad in itself.

·
Registered
92 Posts
I DONT THINK BLAMING A FAM COMPARES TO GREED! but some people do think bartmans at fault or a goat, but not this cub fan. not only did dusty leave the a couple pitchers in too long but alex gonzalez booted an easy double play.

·
Registered
102 Posts
I agree. I am a huge CUBS fan. Bartman had no impact on the Cubs loss. They blew it for themselvs. They not only let pitchers stay in for too long but also made some costly errors. I feel good about this year. If we can get Wood to close some games with out hits we may have a chance.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts