ChicagoLand Fishing Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've tried to fish the Des Plaines River many times in past few weeks. It didn't rain for like 3 days, and the river was still going up! I don't know where all the water's coming from. At Columbia Woods west of Willow Springs Road, the water was up to the parking lot. I allways bring 2 pairs of shoes. One for getting mud on my shoes. The other, for taking the muddy shoes off, and putting on clean and dry ones for the drive home. Seriously, I can't figure out how the river's going up still. Even culverts and little ditch inlets are way way under water. I guess it's time to hit the lakes and ponds for a few weeks. This highwater would be ideal when the water is warm in the summer. :skunk:

·
Premium Member
11,722 Posts
The rivers are warming up but there's also a slow moving storm heading our way so their levels are going to go up even further. :-?

Depending on where you're at on the river, if it rains up north all that water has to still run through the system so even if it's done raining where you are the leve can still rise.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.