ChicagoLand Fishing Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Hee haw! Get your minds out of the gutter! :p

Shore fished today, in the crazy winds. Couple a dinks caught on Manns Minus. Let me tell you, casting into that wind today was crazy!

Anyhow, walking around the shore, and this lady flashed me. Yep, she was definately bedded. Luckily for the chop on the water, she did not see me, as she was only about 10 feet from shore. Could not see the male, but he must have been there somewhere. Anyhow, made repeated casts with my white tube, to no avail. Was about to give up on her, when I picked up my spinning rod, and first pitch into there with the Orange Craw Finesse Jig......tap tap, pullllll.....Wham! Raging battle on! 6 lb test! Woo Hoo!! Damn lucky, as I went to lip her, the line snapped! Good thing I just got my thumb in the mouth, or it would have been bye bye fish, and bye bye jig! 8:)

Here is another look in case you missed the first one :lol:

A solid fish, probably ready to drop the eggs, as she has not done so yet. Wonder if this approaching fron will push them back, or if they drop now, ruin the spawn? I think this is just an early bird.

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Truth be told, I was very surprised to see a bedded female already. Water has warmed up quick, but I did not think they would be so quick to get it on. This fish certainly has not dropped yet, as you can tell from the photos. This approaching cold front will likely push back any bedders now :)5

I know that fishing for bedded bass is a taboo subject for some. I normally don't do it myself, but when the rare occasion of a sighted bass presents itself, I'm going to pursue it. If anyone has an issue with that, well, they can put it where the sun does not shine! :p

·
Premium Member
2,679 Posts
CLF Patch

Fishin D said:
I know that fishing for bedded bass is a taboo subject for some. I normally don't do it myself, but when the rare occasion of a sighted bass presents itself, I'm going to pursue it. If anyone has an issue with that, well, they can put it where the sun does not shine! :p
Fishin D: Oh one of those guys!! I hope no one saw you wearing that CLF Patch "Anglers with Ethics"

·
Premium Member
11,722 Posts
You know I have seen some fishing shows over the winter where they were fishing for bedding smallmouth so...

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Re: CLF Patch

Post removed to protect the innocent. Here is a look at some of my favorite photos so far this year:

·
Registered
47 Posts
I don' see what the hoopla is all about the fish was released and not in a skillet and he was braggin about how he made caviar out of the eggs :)4 :)4 :)4
HHMMMM bass caviar might just have to try it :)37 :)37 /rofl
/wtf :)33

·
Premium Member
11,722 Posts
I think Chuck was just busting D's chops 8:)

Had he included a winky icon we would have all gotten that fact. ;)
Every year there seems to be a go-round with the subject on the Lake Michigan forums and IMO Chuck was making a statement about those arguments than put down anyone who does it.

I wouldn't feel that Chuck was putting you down at all D.
He's been around too long to actually mean to slam someone.

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks Ed. Could not tell for sure. That is sometimes the problem with boards, as you cannot tell the tone.

It goes without saying that if he was in jest, then all the nasty stuff I typed is revoked. In fact, I'll just pull it out now, no sense leaving it out there.

D

·
Premium Member
2,679 Posts
Thanks Ed

Ed Wrote;
I wouldn't feel that Chuck was putting you down at all D.
He's been around too long to actually mean to slam someone.[/quote

Thanks Ed: Your right I should have put the smilling face icon like I usually do.

Fishing D: My apologies if you took me serious. Please put your post back up, That was a beauty.

BTW: Check out the archives of targetting musky with a 6 pound line test. I think that one ran a 100 post. :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Premium Member
8,116 Posts
I can tell you there are some places the fish are already on their beds... I've been doing a lot of night bowfishing, and this one creek area I fish has had bass on beds for over a week... There is this one bass, I've named her Suzi, that probably goes 5# (maybe a bit under) that just sits there no matter, one night I actually put the tip of the bow under the water, tapped her on the back and she finally swam off... I came back through maybe 15 minutes later, and she was right back on guard. Trying to watch for carp invading her nest... We both were on the same team I thought to myself...

·
Premium Member
2,679 Posts
Bluegill nesting

Tubes: I witnessed that on one of our local ponds. If they are disturbed they dash away, only to return a few minutes later. They really watch their nest. I also noticed where the Bluegills nest they really sweep away all the junk and their spots are really clean.

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Re: Thanks Ed

Chuck said:
Thanks Ed: Your right I should have put the smilling face icon like I usually do.

Fishing D: My apologies if you took me serious. Please put your post back up, That was a beauty.

BTW: Check out the archives of targetting musky with a 6 pound line test. I think that one ran a 100 post. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Sorry about that Chuck :oops: . I thought my rant was kinda funny myself, but alas, I'll leave it down as you certainly do not deserve anything like that said about ya. Rather than leave the diatribe up, I re-filled that post with something more near and dear to my heart, even though it will take all the excitement out of this thread.. :p

I'll look up the musky thread. Should be interesting... ;)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.