ChicagoLand Fishing Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
531 Posts
That's BAD !

Another county here in Illinois gave me a permanent exemption. Yep....and I did not even have to act insane.
The problem was, if they don't call your number the first day, you have to WAIT and call back the next day. Then, if again they don't call your number, they tell you to go to work the next day, and call from work, to see if they need you. If they do, you have to leave work and come in to serve. What ????!!!....let's just say I work in a place that people would not want me to leave from to go to jury duty (or any other duty). :eek: This would cause some MAJOR issues......let alone be physically impossible!!
I told the clerk that I cannot under any circumstance "just leave work" as she put it, mid-day to come over to "wait" again.

POW......Permanent exemption. :-D Now I fish with no worries.
Hope it works out for you !

·
Registered
93 Posts
Postponement:

What about getting a postponement?
The Jury Commission realizes prospective jurors may have been summoned at an inconvenient time and is willing to defer service to a more convenient time in most instances. Jurors may request a first-time postponement after being summoned via phone (630) 232-3466 or Internet. Jurors may select a new date of their choice, with some limitations as long as the new date is within 90 days of the date on which they were scheduled to appear. Subsequent postponements are not allowed unless it is an extreme emergency that was not anticipated when the first postponement was granted.

THIS IS FOR KANE COUNTY

·
Premium Member
1,490 Posts
fishead said:
Cook county can't catch the crook's , do you think they could catch the people who skip jury duty ? :)
Absolutely! The only thing they can do is nab the good guy. Look at the existing firearm laws for proof!

·
Registered
110 Posts
Postpone

Even in Cook County, call the telephone number on your jury summons and they will postpone your jury date. They postponed my summons on several occasions when I lived in Cook.
FishingVest

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
According to the Cook County Court website, you can get an extension on the date if you're going on a vacation, so I'm all set there.

Friend of mine who's a Skokie cop said to just say "of course he's guilty, why else would the cops arrest him?" :)

·
Premium Member
2,109 Posts
Just a reminder about jury duty from a lawyer I know. Its only 12 people who wern't smart enough to get out of jury duty :eek:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.