ChicagoLand Fishing Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Premium Member
1,135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here some pics of the fish we got on Vacation. Fishing was very good for LM and SM Bass Walleyes were slow but we did manage two keepers a 16 and 18 inch eyes from burt lake. We caught a few shorts also. My personal best smallie measuered 19 inches. Large mouth was 20 inches.

· Premium Member
3,599 Posts
Nice Smallie. :)2

· Premium Member
1,135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I only took pics of the bigger fish we caught. We caught numerous 2 & 3 lb fish. Those little large mouths really fight hard there really chunky fish up north. Burt lake was nice but its an Hour drive from the cottage and that means 400 am wake up times gets rough when your up until midnight each night so we only made it up there twice didnt get to fish Mullet and wanted to try Charlovoix also. Need more then a week. The ticket was leeches on an plain aberdeen hook fished with a split shot in 25 ft of water. Walleyes were taken on crawler harnesess agian in 25 to 30 ft of water. Even up North water was 79 to 80 degrees. Did not do to good on gills this year as we could not find them they were in very deep water and we only caught 8 nice gills in 8 hrs of fishing for them. All in All a great trip my next adventure will be Little Bay de noc in November.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.