ChicagoLand Fishing Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HAVE ANY OF YOU GUYS FISHED THIS RIVER IN AMBOY IL.
I AM GOING TO AMBOY TO JELLYSTONE PARK CAMPING AND THIS RIVER LEADS TO A LAKE THERE AND THERE IS ALSO A POND THERE TOO ANY INFO WILL HELP. THANKS!

·
Premium Member
3,466 Posts
My information is 25 yrs old, but way back when we used to stay at a campground out in Amboy {not Jellystone} and I would fish the Green River. I was a young buck so I would stalk the shoreline in wooded areas and catch Crappie and SM { I was so naive back then and there was this one clear deep pool full of nice Crappie. I saw the speckles on the fish and were sure that they were Trout :oops: }. I also would use small hooks and a split shot and catch some Redhorse suckers up to 16" or so. There are Northerns there as well but when I was 15 I didn't know how to target them.

So in conclusion, if I was you I would travel light with a small box of my "go to" lures and maybe some redworms, and be real stealthy along the shorelines and look for eddys and the deepest water you can find.

Da Fonz

·
Premium Member
11,485 Posts
My neighbors Jarrad and Kristin just got back from the golf cart campgrounds you speak of. Dust bowl?

The pond is best fishing from reports I read.

·
Registered
592 Posts
there are nice fish in the green, never laid eyes on it but I've heard some stuff from reputable sources...no further info!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts