ChicagoLand Fishing Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Cant beleive this i paid 9.25$ for a 40 pack of crawlers from henrys last year they were like 6.00$ hate to see what a dozen softshells are going to go for 20$. I guess its the price of gas.

·
Administrator
11,722 Posts
SONNY180 said:
I guess its the price of gas.
There must be something else to it otherwise we'd see all tackle going up by the same percentage.
Do they feed the crawlers corn? ;)

·
Premium Member
11,485 Posts
New laws kinda prevent 'importing' from states that grew a bunch of it. $2 for 36 half dead waxies round here.

·
Premium Member
2,679 Posts
Not a bad price;

SONNY180 said:
Cant beleive this i paid 9.25$ for a 40 pack of crawlers from henrys last year they were like 6.00$ hate to see what a dozen softshells are going to go for 20$. I guess its the price of gas.[/quote

SONNY180: Do the math. $9.25 for 40 equals .23 each.
.23 times 12 equals $ 2.76 a dozen.That is cheaper than a gallon of gasoline. With a dozen of Crawlers you can catch your limit of fish.
With a gallon of gas you can only go about 16 miles.

: :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Premium Member
1,380 Posts
I paid 5.50 for two dozen at Fish Tech 2 weeks ago. I picked up about 6 dozen in 30 minutes last Monday at a local park. All you need to do after catching them is hold in the fridge for about a week packed in some peat moss mixed with soil. This firms 'em up.

·
Premium Member
1,134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hey chuck i guess when you break it down that way its not so bad. I also collect them from my yard after a good rain but been lazy. An if i catch a limit of fish on them i be alright but unfortunatly i just drowned a couple over the weekend.

·
Premium Member
2,679 Posts
Good weather for crawlers

According to the weather forecaster, we are suppose to get some good rains on Thursday. For those who missed the last opportunity, this would be a good time to check it out.

·
Registered
1,736 Posts
I picked up one of the worm farms fro mGander Mtn several years ago. I just collect crawlers and garden worms after it rains.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts