ChicagoLand Fishing Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,645 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With the weather and fishing heating up, Yami invited me out for a short pond trip in his area. Yami knows this particular pond well and when he arrived he offered me the "hot lure." Myself being stubborn said no, I will throw my Bandit Crankbait. Yami decided to throw some weird spinnerbait/buzzbait hybrid bait. He was making some casts over some submerged timber and stated that he had a hit. After peppering that area with crankbaits for 10 minutes before he arrived I told him he was delusional and he was only ticking the wood. I head down the bank and Yami points to a tree and tells me to make sure I work that area particurly well. About 5 minutes later I am fishing the spot and hook up. I look over my shoulder and Yami is hooked up as well, and he is yelling it is a HAWG. I would agree :wink:

We continued to work down the bank with the guide working courteously behind me :lol: After awhile again Yami tells me to stand in a certain area and fancast the special bait he had brought out. I agreed and made cast after cast after cast. I was just about to give up before this girl hammered it.

I made a few more casts and lost another that bulldawged on me and threw the bait. Thanks to Yami for playing the gracious guide. I hope to return the favor soon. This particular pond is public and is located in Dupage County ;)

BTW- The secret bait is certainly not a secret to most subscribers. Simple but always effective.

·
Registered
436 Posts
Again thanks for joining me out for a day on the Hawg Highway. The Honey hole is heating up. Have to come back when it heats up and we'll get a nice bag of 10 or more.

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
Nice Hawgs guys looks like a fun afternoon!

Matt we should hit our local pond soon and see what's moving

·
Premium Member
3,466 Posts
Nice big fish for you two :)2 .
How many total bass did you catch ??

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
Nice fish guys!

Matt I gotta ask ya, were you at the Bulls game on the 11th? I was working security at gate seven and six and man this guy sure looked like you? Ran into a couple other guys from the site that night too.

·
Premium Member
5,645 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
JP said:
Nice fish guys!

Matt I gotta ask ya, were you at the Bulls game on the 11th? I was working security at gate seven and six and man this guy sure looked like you? Ran into a couple other guys from the site that night too.
Yep sure was. One of my employees has season tickets and had an extra that night. After the first quarter we thought Lebron was going to score a 100 :eek: Small world, eh?

·
Registered
489 Posts
What kind of Horse Hockey is this? You get us all excited to find out where to catch bass like this, and then slam the door in our face? This is total BS, and I'm not posting here anymore..... ;)

Nice job! We'll have to get together one day to compare notes, as I fish in Aurora quite often, and I too have a love affair with the Mann's minus -1. :)2 Red craw, or blue/chart all the way!!

I can clear a seat in the prowler for ya one day when ejsusmc is out firing cannons over Lake MI. I know a good spot in your neck of the woods, or two ;)

D

·
Premium Member
5,645 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Fishin D said:
What kind of Horse Hockey is this? You get us all excited to find out where to catch bass like this, and then slam the door in our face? This is total BS, and I'm not posting here anymore..... ;)

Nice job! We'll have to get together one day to compare notes, as I fish in Aurora quite often, and I too have a love affair with the Mann's minus -1. :)2 Red craw, or blue/chart all the way!!

I can clear a seat in the prowler for ya one day when ejsusmc is out firing cannons over Lake MI. I know a good spot in your neck of the woods, or two ;)

D
Thanks, that sounds like a plan :)2

·
Registered
356 Posts
Fishin D said:

D
How do you like your pond prowler and where did you get it? Im assuming thats what you mean when you say you'd clear a seat in your prowler. I am looking into possibly getting one. Do you have a trailer for it?

·
Premium Member
2,679 Posts
Chater baits

I told you so. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Posted: 04 May 2006 01:42 Post subject: Chatterbait testing
I went to my local pond to test out the Chatterbait that I rigged up with the blades that "fishinnut" was so kind to send me. I used a streamer type jig with yellow and black feathers as the trailer. There were about 6 guys fishing with all kinds of setups. Nobody caught anything big. It was a slow day. I stuck with the chatterbait. I really like the vibrations you can feel at the rod. When you rip it thru the water Wow. Another thing I like about the bait is you can tell when you are hitting weeds or branches, The vibration ceases, but when you pull it hard thru the obstruction past the weeds, the vibration start again. After casting quite a while a 16 inch largemouth slammed it. The biggest one of the day caught by all. Today was a slow day, When the fish are more active that bait should be a killer. I was impressed by the vibrations you can feel. Needless to say I am going to make more with the pattern that I got from fishinnut. There is quite a potential on that lure. I might even make the blade smaller to attract other fish. Thanks again fishinnut

·
Registered
489 Posts
wmuallstar said:
How do you like your pond prowler and where did you get it? Im assuming thats what you mean when you say you'd clear a seat in your prowler. I am looking into possibly getting one. Do you have a trailer for it?
Got it from Bass Pro. Got the 9 foot version. Big enough for 2 guys to fish moderately comfy, with say 3 rods each. When I am solo, I bring 6... ;)

Pros:

Great small water craft! Pre-wired for trolloing motor, so you can sit on opposite end of battery should you so choose. Reasonably stable - Have not gone in the drink yet! Light enough that i can drag it around, say from trailer to water, downhill and back out again uphill by myself, though it certainly is much easier with 2 guys! :oops: Can also accept a small gas motor, the 9 foot can take up to 5HP.

Cons:

Need a trailer, at 110 lbs, too heavy and bulky to car top. Small utility trailer will get the job done. I use a double snowmobile trailer, can you say *******? :p Looking back, I would buy the 10 foot version over the 9 for a bit more space. Especially when you are fishing with a guy, who shall remain nameless, (subliminal message here: ejsusmc), who is always bringing 9 foot rods!! :p

Hope that helps!

D

·
Registered
356 Posts
Fishin D said:
wmuallstar said:
Got it from Bass Pro. Got the 9 foot version. Big enough for 2 guys to fish moderately comfy, with say 3 rods each. When I am solo, I bring 6... ;)

Pros:

Great small water craft! Pre-wired for trolloing motor, so you can sit on opposite end of battery should you so choose. Reasonably stable - Have not gone in the drink yet! Light enough that i can drag it around, say from trailer to water, downhill and back out again uphill by myself, though it certainly is much easier with 2 guys! :oops: Can also accept a small gas motor, the 9 foot can take up to 5HP.

Cons:

Need a trailer, at 110 lbs, too heavy and bulky to car top. Small utility trailer will get the job done. I use a double snowmobile trailer, can you say *******? :p Looking back, I would buy the 10 foot version over the 9 for a bit more space. Especially when you are fishing with a guy, who shall remain nameless, (subliminal message here: ejsusmc), who is always bringing 9 foot rods!! :p

Hope that helps!

D
Thanks a lot for the info. I was looking at the 10 footer anyways seeing as im a larger man.....lol. I think my inlaws have a trailer I could use to tow it around, id just need to get a trailer hitch on the back of my altima. If they dont have one i noticed a good amount of them on harborfreight for reasonable prices.

I guess im kind of getting ahead of myself anywas because all this has to clear the boss first and Im sure most of you men know who im talking about...... :lol:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.