ChicagoLand Fishing Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently bought some gulp gobies i was wondering if anyone has had any success with this product. Also what would be the best way to rig these baits. I am going to be using them downtown when the smallies move into the harbors. Thanks

·
Registered
275 Posts
.......i would rig them on a drop shot. BAss pro sells some goby baits that i'm dying to try on the smallies, they are a smaller brand, hand poured, but they loook great. kind big, but hopefully that will entice a big smallie! cant remember the brand name.

when/where do you guys fish the lake for smallies??????? i shorefished it last year but now i have a boat and i'm looking to get into some better fish.

tubes are always a great bet too!

·
Premium Member
2,856 Posts
fishslayer said:
.......i would rig them on a drop shot. BAss pro sells some goby baits that i'm dying to try on the smallies, they are a smaller brand, hand poured, but they loook great. kind big, but hopefully that will entice a big smallie! cant remember the brand name.

when/where do you guys fish the lake for smallies??????? i shorefished it last year but now i have a boat and i'm looking to get into some better fish.

tubes are always a great bet too!
poorboy makes a nice handpoured goby, april is 1 of the better months for smallie fishing

·
Registered
275 Posts
poorboy's, yep, thats the brand i was talking about. they look pretty nice.

i'm definitely gonna get on the lake in april for some smallies. i'm fishing off a 19ft tracker aluminum bass boat so not sure what areas i'll be fishing, probably the river and calmer days out by the harbor.

i've heard of some humps and ledges out more in open water that hold schools of smallies but i'd hate to get out there and have some bad weather roll in.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I'm definitely a fan of the Gulp line in general (for shaky head fishing, I use nothing but Gulp shaky worms) - however I'm not overly fond of the goby's shape. For some reason I don't think it's that dead on. I just picked up some of the Matuzo Gobys. I think they're 3.5-4". They look pretty good though.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts