ChicagoLand Fishing Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had to get out before the cold front moved in, hit the water from 3-5. The same spot the big fish came out of yesterday and picked up 20 or so out of a 15-20' stretch.

Several 15-16" mixed in with the smaller fish, six casts five fish.

Hope you guys got as well, have good weekend!

·
Registered
356 Posts
WaterGuy said:
Wow....you really got them dialed in :)2

Had a feeling it would be good today...couldn't get out though :x

If you don't mind me asking...what was the bait of choice?
If I know Hoffman it was most likely a simple jig and minnow.

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Erik, I found the active school with minnows then threw crank baits, small x rap, small spinners, and jig and twisters and helgies. Trying to put together a pattern for other areas. Only the jigs and plastics produced and this school was active. Even though i have heard the reports of cranks and spinners working I haven't hit anything on them yet.

I couldn't believe how many fish were staged in such a small area. The only problem I didn't get to play the fish as much as I wanted, so I wouldn't disturb the area.

I spoke with Alex ( Foxriverrat13 ?) and they had a great day on just plastics, catching eyes, whites, crappie, and a couple fat smallies, one in the 18" range. He used several colors and they all caught fish.

I found my fish on the outside of a seam, Alex found his fish in the main current off the walls and by the bridges.

Tight lines,
Nathan

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.