ChicagoLand Fishing Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This discussion has nothing to do with the topic, but I knew nobody would read it unless there was some cool topic heading. So with that I will say I'm Back............... I know nobody noticed but forgetting your password sucks. I've been trying everything for over a month but could not remember for the life of me. This site is seriously like a drug, I couldn't wait to get my fix and have the opportunity to participate in a discussion. Most times I will not respond to anything due to lack of interesting things to say but at least having the chance to do so is liberating. I was going to start over and sign in as a new user but then I would lose all my credentials (ha) I couldn't bear to think about starting from post 1 again. I realized in the past month just how important this board is and what you guys have done for me. Most of what I learned is off this board and from you. Again, I don't expect anybody to understand, I realize it sounds pathetic but what a relief it is to be able to post again and pick your brains. :)31

·
Registered
450 Posts
des plaines this might help ...

Keeping Cabin Fever at Bay

One cure for cabin fever is to participate in a hobby. The key is to choose one that is active rather than passive.

"Physical limitations, whether caused by aging or illness, do not necessarily limit people to passive activities," says Andrea Tannenbaum, president of Dynamic Living, an online catalog of products that help make life at home a little easier.

"With the right helpers, activities such as playing cards or doing needlecraft or woodworking can be resumed—with gusto," Tannenbaum encourages.

If numbers or letters have become too small to see or parts too difficult to grasp, Tannenbaum offers some alternatives to make hobbies a little easier—and a lot more accessible.

With a little planning, you can create an area to hold all your materials and tools, thereby eliminating frequent and frantic searches for misplaced items. For small projects, a basket or decorated box can store what you need and keep your home neat when you?re not working on your hobby.

"Whether you have difficulty seeing or performing certain motor skills, some of the following products may offer some relief," says Tannenbaum.

For help with holding:
— Playing-card and book holders for hands-free playing and reading
— Specially designed craft clamps to hold items in fixed position
— Adaptive hand sander, designed to reduce fatigue and enable people with diminished grasp to enjoy sanding their craft projects
— Tools and paint brushes with wider handles for easier grip

For help with mobility:
— Oversized checkers and dominoes featuring larger, easier-to-handle pieces
— Battery-operated card shuffler that can handle up to four decks of cards

·
Registered
540 Posts
A good reliable forum like this is addictive. I cruise through the site a couple hours a day (my wife would say more). Sometimes I wish there was more activity, but looking at old posts for info passes the time and there is good, informative information to be had. Welcome back.
/welcome

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I don't know if this helps 1 knot to go but I am not retarded but thanks for the information. Lot's of good ideas though.................oversized checkers..........hmm.........

1 - 4 of 4 Posts