ChicagoLand Fishing Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Jarett and I and two friends of our got out on the Tippy last night for the first time since all of the flooding. We shot from 9pm until 12 am and did we see the fish! In three hours we shot 4 bigheads, 4 silver carp, 13 grass carp, 3 buffalo, and 24 common carp. I'd say we actually got a shot at about 1/8 of the fish that we saw and we only covered about a mile and a half of the river! We only got pics of Jarett's silver before his batteries died on the camera. It was about a 20 pounder and was his first one. If we can shoot this many fish with this much of variety in three hours, then things look really good for the HBC this year! We didn't see any gar and we usually see a ton of them, so add that to the possibilities for the shoot. I hope that a lot of you will see this and decide to join us in June and August. I know a picture says a thousand words, so I'll make sure that we have a camera that is charged with us next time so you guys can actually see what I'm talking about. Good luck shooting! Dustin

1 - 3 of 3 Posts