1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
2,256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got on Heidecke today with Lukan.
Zip, zilch, nada...

Water temp was 43-44 degrees.
We casted cranks for a while, then tried trolling for a while.
Switched up to live bait and dragged/bounced 1/2oz jigs with
crawler on one and minnow on the other, still nothin'.
Then went back to trolling.
We marked a few fish here and there, but no action at all.

Nobody else out there was getting anything either. Not so much as a tap.
Saw Greg Heath launching, but didn't see him on the water, so don't know if the master of Heid was having any success either.

I think another 5-10 degrees are needed for Heide to turn on.
Should have hit LaSalle instead.

Launch seemed O.K.
At least we didn't have any problems there today.
Handful of other guys launching successfuly too.

No spillway work going on yet.

Paul

·
Registered
343 Posts
Still beet workin
:-D
I'm hitting Lasalle tomorrow.
Nice meeting you Raptor
T.O.W. There coming :)2
I wonder how Fishfinder did too.
OUT ;)

·
Registered
290 Posts
I was out there today from 10:30 - 4:00 trolling on planers 100 ft to the board. We ended up going 4 for 6.

Chuck

·
Registered
2,256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Jim!
WE BEEN PUNKED!

Nice work chgoenforcer.
Were you working midlake sections with that planer spread?

·
Registered
216 Posts
Heidi Stripers

Nice fish guys,

Glad you had some action and figured them out.

Now....if we can just get the wallys to cooperate!

·
Premium Member
1,173 Posts
What size boats are you guys launching, I usually go out there with my Grandpa and he is worried about launching and retrieving w/o damage.

Thanks -Adam

·
Premium Member
5,645 Posts
Way to go Chuck. The fish are digging your program for sure. Not many people believe how effective planers can be, but the proof is in your post ;)

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
Nice report guys glad you got on some fish :)6 they Look tasty to me.

·
Registered
275 Posts
yeah, that post was a bit harsh, even if do agree with the line of thought of the post. to me its silly to keep the fish unless you're feeding your family that way. but, again, its legal and i'd never right a post like that other dude about it. eating any kind of bass to me is somewhat disturbing, especially out of those lakes, but to each their own.

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
Don't get sucked into the "mook" just trying to start drama.

·
Registered
77 Posts
[HARSH ]thats putting it mildly they have the rite to keep the fish.if you really want to get sick to your'e stomach go to one of the floats on the mississippi you will see poeple putting 6//8 lbs walleyes on the stringer and they are not going on the wall I can assure you that so I just shake my haed and wonder how they cook those big slobs when the meat on those big fish is brown looking and tastes like shaz. but to each his own dont do no good to bitch about it.just keep fishing.the dont know any better.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Keeping the fish

I say if you go out, put in the time, effort, expense, and knowledge that it took to catch those fish, you should be able to keep and eat whatever you catch.

You aren't going to fish the lake out. That is why you have limits set for each lake. Before the Blago group came to power we actually had a conservation dept. that did studies and research that would come up with ratios for fishermen/hours/fish caught/blah blah blah, an they are the one who developed the limits as far as size and numbers.

So all the naysayers just need to take a deep breath, relax, go fishing, catc what you can, keep what is legal and acceptable to yourself and leave the people alone who are following the rules set forth for all of us.

Now, me personally, I won't eat another striper ove two ponds just because they have a very strong fishy taste. I'd rather buy orange roughy for $11.00 a pound at Jewel (plus that's cheaper than fishing for eating fish).

My last wallyeye dinner cost me roughly $168.00 per pound. So $11.00 a pound, and not sitting in a frozen now covered boat for ten hours, seems a lot more reasonable to me.

Here's a picture of my walleye adventure from March 20, 2008.

·
Registered
216 Posts
dncncwboy's $168.00 per pound walleye

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
The snow isn't bad to keep your beer cold, but when you have to shove it out of your boat at the end of the day, that sucks!! A true fishing warrior!!

·
Registered
290 Posts
cprallday,
I appreciate what you have to say, but you were way out of line wishing harmful things to others :)3 . BTW all the stripers were released.
Into hot oil that is :)2 and they do taste like chicken.

Chuck

·
Premium Member
1,286 Posts
ChgoEnforcer said:
I was out there today from 10:30 - 4:00 trolling on planers 100 ft to the board. We ended up going 4 for 6.

Chuck

Nice hall chuck! :)2 I wish I could of join ya out there but someone has to pay the bills. :-D

1 - 20 of 40 Posts