ChicagoLand Fishing Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
518 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With the warmer temps the past week, figured we'd try or luck out at Heid for a little afternoon fishing. Got out on the water around 2:30 and headed for the Northside. Surface water temps were in the 60-62 range.

Saw GH out there and talked a bit while passing. Said he got his first walleye of the year. Figured that meant they're about done getting their "freak on" and ready to eat. At least, so we thought.

Ended up catching pretty much everything else in the lake besides walleye. Totals for the day were:

2 Hybrids
2 Smallmouth
1 Largemouth
1 White Bass
1 Large Shad
1 Musky
1 Big Carp
1 Heavy Drum

Conditions weren't the greatest for fishing, but were excellent for getting out on the water. Me thinks the lake is active now. Just need to get the right sorta fishing type weather and we'll hit double digits. Good luck out there.

·
Premium Member
3,466 Posts
Finally things are picking up at Heidecke :-D :-D .
Each passing day will bring an even better bite.

·
Premium Member
1,134 Posts
Yep got the boat ready my buddy said he took a ride to the docks and said the water looks to be a foot down . Said it wasnt to bad. See you out there hope its another good year on Hied.

·
Registered
363 Posts
Got out there from 6 till about 12:30 started out slow but once the fog lifted the stripers turned on got quite a few pullin rigs and then switched to cranks got 4 within about 5 minutes they were just nailing the firetiger frenzy not to big though average 2 pounds..no walleye though and a couple drum were caught,nice day until you get to the ramp what a joke people tied up just sitting around,loading the boat in the ramp instead of doing it before you get there the usual stuff that pisses ya off at the ramp some things will never change,makes it more annoying when your by yourself trying to get the boat out solo :x .hope to get out again maybe Friday after work.BTW water temp was 59 on my graph 62 - 67 was when I had my best fishin..Good luck

·
Registered
518 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
We started the evening out dragging fish looking thingies behind the boat without even a whiff. Gave up on that and decided to try beating the shore with crankbaits. Ended up spending the rest of the evening doing that as it seemed the most productive.

The Musky was a little guy....about 24"-25". Picked him up on the Northside casting the shoreline. Only Green Card I'm aware of is the kind illegals need to stay in the country....unless you're referring to something dealing with the Musky tournament. Either way, nope. Would we of placed with that fish???

·
Registered
259 Posts
No, it would of have to been atleast 30" to qualify, and as for the green card you're right there is another kind, the State has a survey card for Heidecke (green) for info on musky if you stop in @ the bait store there Steve usually tells people. It's no big deal we won't deport you, this time,
It just help with the stocking program there. Thanks for the Info I appreciate it very much!

Good Luck,
Tim

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.