ChicagoLand Fishing Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I always had trouble fishing this lake in the past so I thought I would try a different approach, fish with someone that knows it like the back of his hand and understands what the fish are doing. With that said fishing was still very hard. The water temps where around 56-58 degrees, the wind was unbelievable around 20-30 MPH. We started fishing around 1:30PM and finished at 7:00PM. We ended up with 3 fish one 17in white bass, one 20in striper and a 6 pound snagged carp. None caught by me and it was not like I wasn't trying, my hand is still cramped up while typing this. LOL
But I did learn a few things out with Greg and that I cant put a price on.
This lake will turn on soon and I hope I can make it out there and hit some big fish.

Peace

·
Premium Member
3,466 Posts
Like many guys, I've seen Greg's fish pics here and there at bait shops etc. If he ain't catching fish at Heidecke nobody is. Just all the the more reason to wait for the water to heat up a bit.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Fished Near By

I fished Lake Shannon (2 miles from Braidwood). Had the same scenario... We only saw 3 fish on the fish-finder all day long! Where do they go?

But it still was fun....

1 - 4 of 4 Posts