ChicagoLand Fishing Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I trailered my boat down to Heidecke today and was surprised to see that all three launches were nicely cemented fresh , in fact ,they added a 4th launch! And to my surprise , they had an overhead sign installed with all the fish daily limits and regulations and at the entrance they had FREE laminated topographical maps of the lake! In big 12 inch letters they had-----Provided by Governor Rod Blagojevich.....just like the TOLLWAY signs !
...and then I realized it was a day before >>>APRIL FOOLS! But seriously folks...........If anyone can put a report up about ramp conditions ,water level fish caught on tuesday.......let us know (those who will be at work and can`t make the OPENING DAY ).....and good luck!!
Oh and if you see a Gov Rod B. sign at the bridge ,let me know too!

·
Premium Member
2,109 Posts
You had me going for a minute ; Then I thought NO WAY IN HEdouble hocky sticks, I guess its nice to dream though.

·
Registered
24 Posts
heidecke

From Don at Illinois Outdoors

I just recevied an email from Rob Miller, Illinois DNR Fisheries, regarding Heidecke Lake. Here is what Rob wrote....

Don:
Thought I'd pass along the following information pertaining to Heidecke
Lake since it will be opening soon. This is the most current information
I have and was received from site staff at the facility.

- The lake level at present is approximately 18 inches below normal
pool.

- All three (3) boat ramps are functional.

- The lake will open as scheduled at 6:00 a.m. on Tuesday, April 1st.

As far as the fixed-level spillway project is concerned, the owners have
decided on a different course of action which should not disrupt
fishing. Note that some folks still think that this property is owned by
ComEd when in fact it was sold several years ago to Midwest Generation.
The IDNR has a five-year lease agreement with Midwest which runs through July, 2012.
Didn't know if you'd be on the radio prior to next Tuesday but figured
if you were it would be a good time to get this info to you.

Thanks.

Rob

·
Premium Member
2,109 Posts
I think I'll wait for the opening day post, I trust this state like I trust my wife with my credit card . Most dangerous words I've ever heard "I'm from the goverenment and I'm here to help you ".

·
Registered
135 Posts
I had a couple of buddies that tried to get out there this morning and the launch was closed because of high winds.... Have not heard anything from the bank fishing side of things.....

·
Premium Member
5,645 Posts
The water level of the bridge looks like it may still restrict some boats from going to the North side. I bet this weekend will be crazy with the nicer weather forecasted :eek:

·
Premium Member
3,466 Posts
dncncwboy56 Thanks for the update pics :)2 .
So watcha catch?

·
Registered
216 Posts
Heidi opener

This is my first attempt at putting pictures on CLF. They are in the panel above this post.

Thanks Matt, your instructions worked perfectly.

Is there a way to post multiple pictures at a time or do I have to continue running back and forth to photobucket and pick up one at a time?

I decided to join the "bucket brigade" yesterday as my boat was in the shop for repairs (needed new coil and powerpack) OUCH! That bit deep in the wallet.

Just as I was driving past Joliet ,Heritage Marine called and said my boat was ready so I swung off of 55 and picked it up. I decided since I had the bicycle and gear in the truck, I'd go ahead and bank fish. Dropped the boat off at a friend's place and proceeded to Heidecke. Glad I decided to ditch the boat.

You see the sign that greeted me, but I wanted pictures of the ramp area so I unloaded the bike and went to the ramp, snapped a few, then back to the truck.

Went to the bank fishing area, loaded up and biked center dike to the green shitter. There were three "regulars" there and we chatted a bit. Things were slow, they had picked up a few whites, lost a nice fish of some sort, probably striper as it's still pretty cold for the cats.

They were fishing the south side of the dike, so I fished the wind blown north shore with minnows and nitecrawlers. After a coupla hours of fighting the wind, no bites, I moved west about 200 yds and hit the south side.

Had one good hit, missed it, and just at closing, something was messing with the minnow on the bobber.....just wouldn't take it. I'm pretty sure it was a 15# walleye.

The the truck came by and had to leave. Talked to one guy on the way out and he had gotten 4 HARD hits that doubled his pole, but hadn't hooked up. He was using cut bait (bluegills I believe).

So, it was a slow day, one guy at the crapper caught a nice 5 pound striper, but most people went home empty.

I'm guessing cut bait seems to work better in the cold water. Just my opinion.

Basically wanted to get the pictures of the ramps and bridge out to the people who couldn't get out yesterday.

·
Premium Member
5,645 Posts
Merv,
I usually just keep 2 screens open and go back and forth to get the pics from Photobucket. Not bad for your first time :)2 If you have any issues with it, there is always the preview button before submitting. Thanks for the pics.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Heidi pics

Matt, I owe you a big thank you for the instructions. I probably would not have taken the time to figure it out by myself.

Now, if I EVER catch a fish I'll at least be able to post it on here.

When ya wanna go fishing?

Hope you are feeling better.

·
Premium Member
2,109 Posts
Thanks for the post and the info , I just uncovered my boat today and will be taking it in for new tire's tomorrow. Don't know when I'll have time to get out. But leaving for down south in 2 weeks.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Headed south

Hey fishhead,

Where ya goin' south?

I'm headed for Ky Lake, Tennessee part, West Sandy Creek, Pleasantview resort, on the 12th.

·
Premium Member
2,109 Posts
southern Ill. 15th through the 20th with a fishing club.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts