ChicagoLand Fishing Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Drove down to the lake wich now costs $23 in gas (what a joke) and drove up to the gate and saw white caps! I fish there all spring with my son and was there alone this time and figured for the money spent I'm staying. I figured the waves hitting the shore would big the smaller fish close to shore and figured that was my best bet for the time being. I had too much trouble and it wasn't even fun anymore so I walked back towards the bridge and saw what the wind was doing and I had hope. The wind made the northeast side of the bridge like river fishing but there had to be fish against the ledge from 9' to 3' and sure enough I landed some fish and everthing was legal size. The guy next to me caught one of those monster stripers and another average size with crawlers. That day was hell but I stuck it out for a few fish and left. When I was reeling in the smallmouth I had the wind pushed so hard on the rod that I couldn't tell what I was fighting or what size but it was a nice smallie.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.