ChicagoLand Fishing Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Going to be up that way Thursday afternoon, thought I would drag one of my buddies out with me too. Which is the best place to go for a first time out, Johnson, Gov or south rocks? Or should I just stop at salmon stop first to see what they have heard?

Marty

·
Registered
162 Posts
I think I will be out there from 5pm-7pm. Maybe I'll see you out there. I am gonna do some casting and soak some spawn or nightcrawlers. I'll be at the end of Johnson Pier if I go.

·
Registered
546 Posts
I've been to Johnson everytime I've went. Sometimes I'd get the ol skunk, other times I'd hit schools going north and catch many at a time with all rods going. You gotta just stick it out sometimes. If you get bored and it get's light out, you can do what I do and take your extended net and catch carp off the rocks for fun. It's pretty easy once you get the hang of it.

·
Registered
344 Posts
i would try the j-pier first of the bottom use frozen baits like shinners , alwaives and spawn. also try a slip bobber with spawn and live shinners 5 to 8 feet down good luck

·
Registered
34 Posts
I still have some large roaches left over from tip up fishing are these too big for salmon....or do they like the smaller shiners?

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
Shiners

/iagree Good luck finding shiners unless ya know somebody. Thanks Joel
Just my 2 cents but if ya fish 8 foot down in most areas ya might as well be dragging the bottom there are only 1 or 2 spots on the whole pier that are deeper than 8fow just the facts otherwise thats sound advice from steelhead warrior.
GLGF
Fin

1 - 9 of 9 Posts