ChicagoLand Fishing Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am not trying to preach and I know that 99% of the people that read this board are good, quality fisherman. However, it seems like every time I go to Fox, I am constantly finding all kinds of crap all over the shore lines like old knotted up line, pop cans, lure packages, food wrappers and all other kinds of stuff. I have been fishing this river for about 15 years now and I enjoy it more and more every time I go. It makes me want to puke that people can just throw stuff on the ground and walk away. All I am asking is that if some anglers could help clean this crap up. Just bring along a little Jewel bag or something and pick up some of the junk while you are out fishing. It only takes a second and it could help preserve our river forever. I do this every time I go to the Fox and i'm sure some of you do too. Again, please excuse me if I sound like i'm preaching it's just that I would really hate to see this river go. Thanks for reading this. See ya on the water.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Bob Hicks on 2002-04-18 05:12 ]</font>

·
Registered
280 Posts
<font color="#00FFFF">Hey Pimp I'm with you on that I have been fishing this river 30 year or better now and see the same :)17I have been sick of it for a long time.I have at times got on peoples cases and damn near had to throw hands a couple times :)17I generally take a plastic bag or my 5 gallon bucket with me and load it up with stuff I see in my areas</font>

·
Registered
461 Posts
Your right on! Bring a trash bag once in a while - that's so obvious that it hurts. I certainly can and will from now on. Thanks for being a voice of conscience.

BTW: Where is this year's first CLF Fox River Clean up? I vote for Yorkville (hey, this should be a poll too). Yorkville must be one of the worst trashed areas. A lot of the trash comes from fisherman too (you can tell). I can't imagine why a fisherman would trash his own fishing hole. It boggles the mind. Fishing is probably not the main attraction - getting drunk probably is :sad:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts