ChicagoLand Fishing Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I hear they're having a Coho tournament Saturday at the Planetarium & would like to check it out.

Anyone have any info? Time? Cost? Rules? Prizes?

If anyone's attended in the past, how was it?

Probably call them tomorrow or Wed (and will post what I find out then), but thought some of you might be interested & have some info/insight.

Thanks as always! - JC

·
Registered
44 Posts
It will be at the planetarium the sign in is at 6:00. It will be powerliners vs. powerliner and caster vs. casters. There will be medals to the winners and a drawing for prizes at the end. We are predicting a good turn out as many calls have been coming in. The fish are hitting great and should be a great day. The browns are in heavy also!!! Anyone see the picture of the 26.14 pound brown caught in Dusable harbor??? Henrys has the picture!! Giant fish from off shore, and 10 pounds off from the state record.
Chris Taglieri

G

·
I DON'T KNOW ABOUT ANYONE ELSE BUT THE PLANETARIUM IS STILL REAL SLOW FOR US. WE FISHED SAT., SUN., AND MON. CAUGHT 3 ON CRAWLERS AND 1 ON A RATTLETRAP. ONLY 3 OTHER FISH TOTAL WERE CAUGHT ON THE THOSE THREE DAYS FROM 6 AM. UNTIL 10:30 (THAT WE SAW). IF IT WARMS UP THE BITE MAY START ON LURES BUT RIGHT NOW THE COHO ARE STUFFED WITH AQUATIC INSECTS-- WAXWORMS SHOULD WORK WELL.

·
Registered
589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the info. Looks like 2 or 3 of us will be attending.

I found 2 links with info on the Tourney which answered most of my questions...

http://www.henryssports.com/id19.htm

http://www.chicagoparkdistrict.com/press/85.cfm

Does anyone know if the spots are first come first serve? (I'd like to be able to have my group fish together, if possible).

Also, and MOST IMPORTANTLY, do other fish count or do they only weigh Cohos?

I noticed that the winner from Feb 9th had 11.4lbs. Seems high if they only count Cohos.

Can you keep fishing after you get your 5 limit & weigh/release the rest? (Wishful thinking, but curious)... How does that work?

Thanks again for all responses!

See you out there! - JC

1 - 5 of 5 Posts