ChicagoLand Fishing Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I knew I should've went to the horseshoe..
It was a pretty good turn out @ the tourney this morn..I heard over 100 people signed up...But only a few actually caught fish..I wasn't one of the lucky ones..But it was a gorgeous day to be out fishing anyhow...

·
Registered
38 Posts
Deer...You didn't miss much at the shoe. I was in the harbor and heard the shoe was pretty churned. Harbor was clear but very,,,very slow. I managed a small brown on a cleo and a handful of others caught all a.m. Only one small coho I saw that was caught.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Much wasnt caught but sure was a nice day. Two browns caught on rod reel. One was 8.80 and the other was 8.30. One coho caught on rod and reel. Powerliners only caught about 5 coho. Thought there would be much more fish. Out of 100 guys results should have been better.
Chris Taglieri

·
Registered
845 Posts
Ok, angler101, does that mean that we're havin' a cold spring? And when it gets warmer things will light up like the fourth of july in april? Enlighten us o' wise and knowing sage! Am I going to kill the saminoid population this saturday or what?

Hoist 'em,
Gus

·
Registered
44 Posts
I think the winds just shifted pushing fish away from the shed. The same time during the tournament people were catching fish at Dusable less than a half mile away. Maybe they are following shad around, but defiantly not chasing smelt.
Chris Taglieri

·
Registered
92 Posts
Capt. Tom Cooper,Sunshine,Pastrick Ma
rina, East Chicago,IN.
Capt. "Ski" Petroski,Pair-A-Dice,Pastrick Marina, East Chicago,IN.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
On 2002-04-09 22:20, Gus wrote:
Ok, angler101, does that mean that we're havin' a cold spring? And when it gets warmer things will light up like the fourth of july in april? Enlighten us o' wise and knowing sage! Am I going to kill the saminoid population this saturday or what?

Hoist 'em,
Gus

Not this Sat 4/13 But probably 4/20
<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Angler101 on 2002-04-11 17:03 ]</font>

·
Registered
845 Posts
Thanks for the get back Angler101. With a little luck I'll be out both days (4/13 4/20). I'll be sure to post and tell all. Sorry to read about your poaching experience, and yeah you shudda tossed 'em!

Hoist 'em,
Gus

1 - 10 of 10 Posts