ChicagoLand Fishing Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
592 Posts
This past wknd, was ok...I think the bass a actually in the spawning act right now. I haven't got out very much lately due to too much school stuff...but i'm planning on getting out this afternoon and later this week. I fished sat at cedar. about 10 lmb...one fish about two lbs. Right off shore, about 8in of h2o. Sunday tried to fish while the tornadoes rolled through...tried for two hours and not a bite. I'm gonna try DK this afternoon(possibly egypt) and see if I can't hook into some spawners...Don't worry, I snap a pic and they're back in the water in less than a minute...remember that the fishing is always good, it's the catching that fluctuates a little!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks andy.....with the fronts coming thru the fishing can be tough Hang in there....thinkin bout coming down there this weekend what are the water temps??

·
Registered
592 Posts
They were in the lo to mid sixies before this cool off. I'm not sure now, I haven't mounted the depth finder/thermometer on the new boat yet. You're darn right about those fronts...saturday I caught fish all afternoon and snday I couldn't get a bite with all them clouds rolling around.

·
Registered
592 Posts
oh yeah...one more thing, the lakes are all really high...I don't know if you've been to cedar but the courtesy dock for launching was under water as of sunday. Pretty turbid too.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yup I've been to cedar got a 9 1/2 lb bass there couple yrs ago THANKS for the info..
p/s it still swims there too

·
Registered
592 Posts
My biggest lmb out of cedar is just under five...my buddy's caught a few over five from my boat...lot's of 2-4's...My biggest fish out of there was a 33 inch 15lb striper...unfortunately it killed itself during the fight...It's on the wall.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts