ChicagoLand Fishing Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im going to be taking a short trip to the chain on friday and was just wondering about some basic info. I will be around the grass and marie area and will probably be targeting bass,catfish, and maybe some walleye. This will be my first trip this year and the help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks alot!!!

Tight lines everyone

·
Registered
268 Posts
Greetings Matt22

What you're asking encompasses a huge area of information. Browse thru the existing posts, don't confine your viewing to the Fox chain, and see if there is something to help ya.

Tackle, techniques, baits, line, rods, reels, how, why, when.....there is a lot already posted. If you have slightly more specific questions, I'm sure that someone can help you out.

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
Matt22,
If you have been reading the posts it would be a good bet to stay away from Grass lake. Unless your in a canoe the water is down and folks are getting stuck real good. You might want to try where the Fox meets the chain. The walleye are around. Try a search aproach by trolling around and when you hit a fish. Stop and anchor and toss a jig when you have located a school. Just my two cents. Good Luck and Good Fishing. Finatic

G

·
Hey Fin, do you know if they trenched again this year so you could get to the other lakes if you launch at the state park.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.