ChicagoLand Fishing Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
540 Posts
About three weeks ago. Nada. Have had better results north of there so far this year, between Ogden and Butterfield. Looking forward to a report.

G

·
East Branch or West........ 8:)

Not many people know where each branch crosses Hobson. Not many people know you can fish the entire stretch of either branch from the high water mark or below. Doesn't matter who's property it flows through.

·
Registered
540 Posts
ejsusmc
I was assuming West, but you're right you could fish the East Branch south of Hobson. I doubt very much that you would be allowed to fish the East Branch North of Hobson where it cuts through the Seven Bridges G. C or the River Bend G. C. You would have to go north of Maple wouldn't you?

·
Registered
2,256 Posts
Ahhh...
The old "navigable waterways held in the public trust" conversation again!

·
Registered
540 Posts
Ahhh...
The old "navigable waterways held in the public trust" conversation again!
I know, I'm staying out of this one. /argue .................... :)

·
Registered
2,256 Posts
Do a little research, wade where you want, bank-fish below the high water mark golf course or not, be prepared and be polite.

·
Registered
107 Posts
I was out there on Friday. Hobson and Wahington. I caught one smallie and missed two. I was out for about an hour. Caught'em on a white rooster tail. I saw a few jumping, does any one know what that means? Anyway, I'll be back to that spot soon I hope.

·
Registered
2,256 Posts
Seabass05 said:
Fishing at seven bridges could end your life :eek:
Nah... I've taken a couple of golf balls to the head, -and I'M O.K. :)33

G

·
Actually you're wrong. EVERY naturally occurring body of water is held in public trust. Navigable or not, the DuPage is a naturally occurring body of water. This goes the same for every other stream and creek in the United States. Do the research, someone else already has, and for the sake of keeping my name in good favor over here, I won't take it any further than that.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Raptor said:
Seabass05 said:
Fishing at seven bridges could end your life :eek:
Nah... I've taken a couple of golf balls to the head, -and I'M O.K. :)33

:lol: I have done plenty of passes thru there and had a few close calls :eek: I would stop to pick up a few hundred golf balls and would have them landing in the boat had one knock a beer out of my hand OUCH !

·
Registered
102 Posts
I was down there yesterday. I caught about 12 largies and 1 smalli. No size to any. Fish are hitting. All caught on a jig and twister combo.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts