ChicagoLand Fishing Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone,

I am hosting a charity event for the "Hope for Vision" charity. They raise much needed finds to find cures for blinding eye deseases athat affect both young and old. They range from rare diseases you are botn with to diseases that develope as you get older such as cataracts, glaucoma, . Think about how much we all take our sight for granted. Imagine not being able to do what you love - not being able to go fishing, see the sun rise, watch your son/daughter catch their first fish or perhaps watching your loved one suffer without the ability to see everything you can. Close your eyes the next time you are on your boat and try to fish - its not easy - in fact near impossible to be effective.

We can all make a difference here by doing what we love to do - fishing. My brother has one of these disorders and he is only 34 years old. He was born with it and its affecting him now. We have fished together our entire lives. You dont know what its like until it affects you. One of these could affect anyone of us. So please join us for a good time, food and raffles.

The event details are as follows:

Date: June 7 th, 2008 - Illinois Free Fishing Days
Place - Herrick Lake - Dupage County Forest Preserves
http://www.dupageforest.com/preserves/herrick.html
Time: Registration at 9:00
Fishing from 10:00 - 2:00
Grilled Lunch at 12:00
Raffle and Prizes at 2:30

Entry: $30 for fishing[and Lunch
$10 for Lunch only

Raffle Tickets : $6 for $5.00

Raffle prizes include $500 in fishing tackle/rods and the following thus far. More coming in every day

Funway family pass
Laugh Out Loud complimentary tickets
Naperville society family pass
hancock observatory complimentary tickets
double tree hotel oakbrook one night stay for 2
swedish american museum family pass
brunswick palatine family pass
marriott hotel one night stay for 2
eclipse theatre complimentary tickets
wine tasting 10 adults
the neo- futurists complimentary tickets
brunswick naperville family pass
metrppolis complimentary tickets
Trapdoor complimentary tickets
Lewis university complimentary tickets
hands on sci tech family pass
fox bowl family pass
Sybaris hotel frankfort gift certificate
UIC Mens Basketball game four tickets each
hollywood blvd moive tickets 2 peope per ticket
fleetwood roller rink complimentary tickets
actors workshop theatre complimentary tickets
chicago bulls year book Year Book
Brookfield Zoo family pass
Mortons Steak House $75.00 gift certificate
White Fence Farm gift certificate
The Patio- BBQ gift certificate
Nick BBQ gift certificate
Yogi Bear Camping - 2 free days gift certificate

Please join us and support this cause. For entry information please email me at

Joe Skafar
[email protected]
708-974-1226

We are limited to 100 people. Pre-reigistration preferred to guarantee a spot. Bring you family to enjoy the day, cheer you on and and win some great prizes.

Pics of the fishing prizes are available as well

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Kids are allowed

Yes - kids will be allowed.

As for the fishing - there is shore fishing or at least access. As far as catching - this is fishing - you know the rules. There are bass, panfish, flathead, bullhead - typical forest preserve lake offering

Regardless of the above - it is a way to do what you love to do and support a good cause and perhaps walk away with some good prizes.

If you are interested - I can send you the registration form. We would appreciate the support.

·
Registered
275 Posts
I have caught my personal bets 'forest preserve' fish out of that pond. i was there saturday actually. its a really nice place, to fish or to just walk. normally by june water is crystal clear and you can see a lot of good sized bass during the spawn.

i saw the biggest carp of my life come and eat eggs off a bed there. the fish actually scared me.

once it warms up that pond is money! right now its too cold and full of 'snot grass'.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts