ChicagoLand Fishing Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone do any spring fishing at horseshoe lake. In the summer I've been when its about 100 degrees and caught very good numbers of decent catfish, If you find a deep hole(6-10 feet deep) there will for sure be cats there because the whole lake is like 3-4 feet deep. I just want to know what species is targeted in the spring. I have been told by the guy down there, Jim Melton, who runs a fishing camp, that there is great crappie action in the winter also. Can anyone tell me anything they know about this lake.

thanks

·
Registered
592 Posts
Can't tell you anything more than what you already know. Shallow, very scenic. I saw a pair of bald eagles there that were catching more fish than what I caught when I fished it. I've heard that it's good for bass really early(march-april), never fished it though. I think that this lake suffers from the dreaded hillbilly harvest though. If you're headed down this way, I'd recommend any of the other lakes down here before that one.

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks! I do agree with you that all of the people down there look liked they werer raised in barn but thats ok if that's there lifestyle, i guess.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts