ChicagoLand Fishing Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After getting reamed by uncle Sam I headed to Geneva for some stress relief. I still had bait left from two dozen minnows I bought like two weeks ago. I have to give it up for Batavia bait and tackle they have good bait. Hit the first spot and got bit immediately.

Moved and again got bite on the first drift, action was steady and I landed five species in the first 30 minutes. No monsters to brag about but a lot of fun.

This girl was a chunk!

a couple of these guys

Moved one last time down to the WWD and found these guys stacked up on the mud line.

Then the bite just shut off, I ripped a x rap through the area with long pauses but couldn't get the predator to hit. great way to spend two hours!

I'm taking a half day today and am thinking of hitting Ferson creek for some toothy critters. Anyone, have experience fishing this area or know if it's flooded out?

·
Administrator
11,722 Posts
The way the river is other places it's probably flooded.
The lagoon and creek mouth can be great for crappies when it's flooded.

Send me a pm, maybe we can meet up.

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks, Guys

although, I'm pretty sure anyone can find slack water drift a minner and get the same results. Float and live bait fishing isn't my favorite but I can't argue with the results.

Anytime, you want to head out let me know. Maybe, we can fish your walleye hole soon.

·
Premium Member
5,645 Posts
Hoffman said:
Thanks, Guys

although, I'm pretty sure anyone can find slack water drift a minner and get the same results. Float and live bait fishing isn't my favorite but I can't argue with the results.

Anytime, you want to head out let me know. Maybe, we can fish your walleye hole soon.
Absolutely, it usually heats up at the end of May or beginning of June. I will be making plenty of trips out there when the time is right ;)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts