ChicagoLand Fishing Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'VE BEEN DOWN THERE A FEW TIMES AND REALLY HAVE'NT CAUGHT ALOT OF FISH. IS THIS A GREAT LAKE OR JUST OK? WOULD LIKE TO LEARN IT BETTER. LOVE THE AREA AND TOWN.

·
Registered
54 Posts
it's been about 8 yrs. since i was there, and
i thought it was ok. but alot has changed,
stocking,etc. and have been hearing good things. what are you fishing for? Shelby has
had musky tourny's the last couple years. i
also would like to learn more about the lake.
do you have a map, there are two feeder creeks at the northern end that are early
spots.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Shelbyville is a good lake in my opinion. I can usually find consistent year round crappie action. I usually stay north of the findlay bridge for crappie. In the summer, white bass and walleye can be very good. A hot spots map can help find spots for the white bass and walleye. For the crappie, I always jig the standing timber. You just have to keep moving till you find the fish...

·
Registered
19 Posts
:)13
Spent Th-Sat on Shelbyville with several friends. Crappies were there, but we had to work for them. Eagle Creek and Lick Creek seemed to be the most productive. 1/8 oz jigs counted down to 5 in Lick and to 10 in Eagle worked the best. We did not find the whites, but did find the walleyes below the dam in the early evening on 1/8 oz jigs. Walleyes were active into the nights and we heard of several caught near 7#. By the way, we caught a lot of crappies, but the larger ones were few and far between. Good luck and I hope this report helps you.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts