ChicagoLand Fishing Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
<font color="#00FFFF">I have been a member of CLF for some time now have posted most on the ice boards and fox river board My handle used to be drstalker,Anyhow I was just wondering how many of you out there not only fish but also archery deer or archery hunt period?Thanks in advance Bill D</font>

·
Registered
51 Posts
Hey Fishinglineman, There are a number of bow hunters that post, me being one of them. Feel free to ask questions if you have them. Someone will undoubtedly have an answer.

Take care, be safe,

Frank

·
Registered
268 Posts
Every couple of years I get "the need to feed"....on venison. Or birdshot pheasants.

But, why do you ask.......?

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
<font color="#00FFFF">:)23Why do I ask you say?:)Well I thought it would kind of be a good way to introduce ourselves.I write into other hunting and bowhunting forums on the web with guys that live all over the country, and CLF is kind of a local web site and thought down the road some of us might cross paths at an archery club or in the hunting woods.One of the bowhunting forums I am on, hosted a wild hog hunt last year(Bowhunt only)In Florida and we all had a great time. Putting names with faces and bring back some pork and trophys too.My next post will be on what bow or bows does every one use.Bill D> </font>

·
Registered
268 Posts
That's cool.

(I was hoping we had won something.)

I use an older, wheeled Browning. Wooden riser. Shoots straight. Nothing like the fast and fancy stuff now available. I can hit the inside of a barn, too.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Wow nice bows! I'll just stick with my browning, carbon arrows and Pendulum sight.
I've only been archery hunting for the past 3-4 yrs, turkey and deer. With last year and my first year being my best years. I gota say hunting IL public lands is hard work at best.

G

·
My first bow was a Browning Timberwolf...Believe it or not...I only shot that bow for about 6 month's before I out grew it(I've learned that Browning's aren't very good unless you purchase their top of the line bow's)...I never even hunted with it..Then I went with an PSE Thunderflite express..Wasn't a very fast bow..But very user friendly..Now I shoot a Darton Titan with carbon tech 240's..I bought this bow off Ebay for only $70.00...It's not as fast as the current bow's...but a lot faster than what i've shot in the past & is a very forgiving bow..Someday I might be able to invest in a Q-2 or Thunderbolt..

·
Premium Member
8,116 Posts
There are plenty of us here on the board! When not checking out the fishing reports, I'm here or at allarchery.com, another fine site. This year will be my 25th year with stick and string. I've shot mostly Brownings until very recently, when I gave in to the urges and bought an SQ2. Much faster than my old bow, way smaller and lighter, but not nearly as forgiving. Still I've become pretty proficient with it and will hopefully put it to the test next week when I go to Oklahoma on a boar hunt. The one thing I've learned in 24 years of bowhunting, is that I've still got a lot to learn! If I live to be a 100, I'll never know all there is to know about whitetails. I guess if deer knowledge was finite, you'd get to the end and quit. Guess I'm glad there's more to learn. I'd like to see more bowhunting discussions on here. Learning from experience is the best way to learn, and with this many people sharing their own experiences, the potential for gaining new insights is fantastic! Maybe we can get Ed to break up the hunting thread into differnt categories somewhat like they do for fishing, only on a smaller scale. I think I'll send him a line.

·
Registered
7 Posts
i have a stick,a string,and a wooden shaft with feathers and a magnus broadhead.gave up the compound 2 years ago,got tired of all the gadgets.its just like throwing a baseball and gets you closer to the deer.

my suggestion is that we should post the 3-d shoots in your area so other shooters can have the opportunity to discover as many 3-d shoots around us.the ones that i know of are in joliet,bolingbrook,plainfield and somewhere towards yorkville.if you do post give phone #'s to the shoot so we can call and get directions.if you haven't done it its fun,and keeps you in tune.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: longbow on 2002-03-30 17:46 ]</font>

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Excellent replies guys great ideas too.Longbow I belong to "ALA" don't get out to the club much but hope to start going a bunch more :)21 Tubes gotta agree about the bowhunting forum I think it would be a great idea.I'll post a story about my last years wild hog hunt in Florida it was pretty intense and a whole lotta fun.I am thinking about converting to a stickbow this year or taking it up anyway reason?No gadgets :)21Bill D>

1 - 17 of 17 Posts