ChicagoLand Fishing Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I heard someone praying for rain the other day? How does that river look guys? It's been a long winter and the time is finally here, I can't wait to try fishing the so called Sauger capital of North America. Not that it matters because we'll be rolling out of here in the next two days :)2 It would just be nice to know what it looks like from a local point of view. Thanks for any info :-D

·
Registered
1,956 Posts
It was high fast and clear last week.

IWT had their outing. check out www.prairielandeyes.com, then click the illinois river levels.

Fishing was ok yesterday. Not looking good for the weekend. We just got snow.

·
Registered
1,956 Posts
It was high fast and clear last week.

IWT had their outing. check out www.prairielandeyes.com, then click the illinois river levels.

Fishing was ok yesterday. Not looking good for the weekend. We just got snow.

·
Registered
269 Posts
denisk said:
I heard someone praying for rain the other day? How does that river look guys? It's been a long winter and the time is finally here, I can't wait to try fishing the so called Sauger capital of North America. Not that it matters because we'll be rolling out of here in the next two days :)2 It would just be nice to know what it looks like from a local point of view. Thanks for any info :-D
You were right when you called it the so called sauger capital of the world.I think it should be renamed to Asian Carp Capital of the world.I think we have more than Asia. :roll:

·
Registered
369 Posts
HAHAHA I was praying for rain because of a little contest we are haveing. Actully we got a good snow and with rain next week look for the river to get UGLY by next weekend.

·
Registered
369 Posts
I have 6 inches on the ground and still snowing at 5:30 am. Rain in the forcast for peru for tue thru fri. With no rain it might be ok. BUT if we get the storms that they say might come next week. Glad I`m staying home and saving a barrel of oil.hehehe

·
Registered
916 Posts
Due to the Vermillion flowing from south to North, its contribution to the Illinois is negative. They had some rain this past week down south and its finally made it to the Lowell area.

Vermillion went up and is as dirty as a Friday night, post tequilla thought.

:eek: :eek:

If I could hear the river from my porch, it is usually up over 4 feet. And thats not fishable. Bust out the Kayaks.

·
Registered
1,956 Posts
Nice work. Holy smokes its that bad already....Upcoming week will be dicey.

And labman, you look good handlining outta that boat. The 250PROXS must just about scream.

·
Registered
916 Posts
That boat does scream. Was the fastest Ive ever gone on water.

Kinda reminded me of the good old days, drag racing a bottle fed small block through flowmaster exhaust pipes. Raw Power!!!!!

Handlining...... It sounds to have its place in tournament fishing. Glad I was able to learn the basics.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts