ChicagoLand Fishing Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
but I am looking forward to this year's fishing reports :-D . The next two weeks are gonna bring some real nice temps...
With Ed's new subscribers set up at CLF, I will be looking forward to imaginative reports and pics from people.
Soon, Illinois' fishing will pick up, and then the WI opener :)2 .
Lord knows, I can't go fishing as much as I want, so I'll have to get my fix through this forum.

Hopefully, scenes like this will be in all of us' future.

Or this.

Even this.

·
Registered
882 Posts
I hear ya...I cant get out near as much as I'd like and find myself living vicariously thru others reports. Should be seeing more in the near future.

I have the week off next week and will be spending half of it is wisc. and the other half here, hopefully I'll be able to put in a nice report myself :-D

·
Registered
356 Posts
I definately can't wait as well. I plan on doing a LOT more fishing this spring/summer than I have in the past and will be posting many pics and reports.

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Fonz, Nice pics!! They bring back some memories!! I hope to add some pics and reports starting tomorrow. They have to heat up SOON, and why not tomorrow :-D

·
Premium Member
1,655 Posts
I have a couple trips planned here soon,and a crappy digital camera just bought...cant wait to post/bragging rights ;)

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
Here comes the sun, bah da da dah, bring on the warm weather! I'm looking forward to a great season and reports as well.

I was planning to take a day off to work the river hard. After looking at the 10 day forecast that day might be tomorrow. If I convince the boss that is, getting here an hour early today was a good start.

·
Registered
540 Posts
With the new "Subscribers" set up it will be interesting to see how selective we'll be posting reports. Will Subscriber's continue to use species or location specific forums for reports?
Can't wait to read (and most importantly, post) upcoming 08' reports.
/rock

·
Premium Member
5,645 Posts
fishnmagician said:
With the new "Subscribers" set up it will be interesting to see how selective we'll be posting reports. Will Subscriber's continue to use species or location specific forums for reports?
Can't wait to read (and most importantly, post) upcoming 08' reports.
/rock
I think the trend last year was starting to lean this way. With the remphasis on these forums lately and the early season postings, hopefully it will continue. I really am jacked to hopefully see the activity pick up even more. The subscriber core really is not overly large, so hopefully the information is free flowing and we can all benefit from it.

·
Administrator
11,722 Posts
Hopefully it will be fun.
This is your section though so if you have any concerns or something that's on your mind for it, let us know.

We're going to set it up so if you have movies, like on YouTube we can put them in here too.

If you make any maps or whatever and want the image watermarked for security we can do that too.
Search engines can't get in here to index stuff either, so you don't have to worry about things in here showing up.

·
Registered
911 Posts
I'm excited at the prospect of a new and healthy subscriber culture here on the boards, but first I need to catch some @#[email protected] fish so I can report on them. Stupid work......... ;)

·
Registered
1,554 Posts
I have posted a couple of reports in this forum already. I feel very comfortable in doing so and thank you again Mods for setting this up. I am not a big picture guy so my reports may be boring but I will continue to post freely as many specifics as I can remember about my outings.

I am going up to Lake WI Wednesday - mostly business in Madison but I hope to wet a line while I'm up there...I'll let you guys know if I get anything.

Neil

·
Premium Member
5,645 Posts
Someone correct me if am wrong, but I think Lake Wisconsin is open for gamefish now because it ties into a river system. That would be pretty cool to be able to fish for the big guys before the actual season opener :)2

·
Registered
1,554 Posts
Matt,

I'm not exactly sure of the rules on that. My buddy's place is about 1/2 mile off of the opening of the river. If you know where Devil's Head is he is directly parallel across the Lake.

Now that I think about it, my WI license is expired so I will have to get a new one. I'll just fish off of the dock because he has his fishing boat in his boathouse and I'm not comfortable enough with the Lake yet to take it out on my own. Last time I was up there there was about 15" of ice on the lake so hopefully that is out.

N

·
Premium Member
3,466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
nodlikescod said:
I am going up to Lake WI Wednesday - mostly business in Madison but I hope to wet a line while I'm up there...I'll let you guys know if I get anything.Neil

I love lake Wisconsin :)2 . Post a report when you return, even if the fishing is slow.

·
Registered
1,554 Posts
Fonzie said:
nodlikescod said:
I am going up to Lake WI Wednesday - mostly business in Madison but I hope to wet a line while I'm up there...I'll let you guys know if I get anything.Neil

I love lake Wisconsin :)2 . Post a report when you return, even if the fishing is slow.
Fonz,

I think that it is one of the most pristine fisheries in Southern WI, and it compares to any fishery that I have been to in Northern IL, WI or MN. I'll definitely post when I get back.

N

·
Registered
412 Posts
Keep posting the reports and pics guys..I had back surgery in Feb and cant get out to fish much so I have to live through your reports/pics..
Even though I dont live up near the city I still enjoy the posts and seeing what I'm missing

1 - 17 of 17 Posts