ChicagoLand Fishing Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was out fishing the river today (5:30am) in Wilmington and found a tackle box it was the only luck I had this morning fished until 8:45.
Any way if you lost it call me tell me where you lost it and describe it and it's your's. PLease Please Please don't call and waste my time Lying, I'm trying to do the right thing! :-D :)2

Good Luck
Tim
815-712-7047

·
Registered
216 Posts
wow, an honest guy!!

I once had a complete hunting outfit stolen from the woods where I had secreted it while I dragged a deer back to my canoe. Compound bow, w/quiver, arrows, rucksack with binoculars, range finders misc. other stuff.

You my friend are to be commended for your honesty. I, for one, am awed and totally impressed. Thanks for restoring some of my lost faith in sportsmen!

·
Premium Member
2,679 Posts
Glad to have guys around like you

Hawkguy: It is nice to know there are guys like you in this world. I mentioned this before, but for those who missed it. Post your name and phone number on your fishing box. That way if honest guys like Hawkguy find it they will know who to notify.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Chuck, I agree with your idea. Since I have been buy my Sportmans license on line and printing a bunch copies I put a copy in all my tackle boxes and hunting bags for years now.

·
Registered
216 Posts
great tip

Great ideas fellows, I print out lots of copies of my licenses, but just because I am aged and forgetful and don't remember where I put my licenses.

Those are good ways to identify your equipment.

·
Registered
2,256 Posts
Re: wow, an honest guy!!

dncncwboy56 said:
Thanks for restoring some of my lost faith in sportsmen!
That sucks.
Whoever stole your gear was definately NOT a sprtsman by any stretch.

·
Registered
335 Posts
I had two smaller plano boxes stolen from me at Wilmington sportsman's club two years back. My friend who owns a lot there told me my tackle would be fine left at my tent- we rented a spot toward the swimming area- so I didn't worry, and left my stuff unattended. We rowed over to the beach and swam for an hour, and when we returned, my favorites lures were gone. It's not like there's that many people there, even on a "busy" summer weekend, so I'm sure I saw the person who took my stuff, maybe even talked to the person... Can't trust anyone, anywhere.

·
Registered
84 Posts
hawk - we commend you! it's so easy to say 'f it I found it, it's mine!' take what you want and throw the rest. I found a wallet once at jet ski beach, must of had $400 in it. I went to the ranger to tell them if someone is looking i have it. but i never made it, i saw a guy frantically digging through his stuff at his car swearing up and down at his wife where was his wallet, she forgot it, she lost it! i had to laugh...went over and asked him to describe it, he was accurate, so i opened it and saw a wedding picture of the two. as i handed it back to him, the wife started going off on him!!! i laughed harder knowing i've done the same thing to my wife... :lol: ;)

Good job!! i hope you find the owner.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts