ChicagoLand Fishing Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys, what is the best way to cook/prepare salmon? also have you guys noticed that the salmon caught around the ship canal taste like fuel????

·
Registered
92 Posts
In all the previous years I've caught coho out of the ship canal they tasted O.K. until this past January. My first two coho of the year came out of the ship canal and I threw them out after one bite. Both fish tasted like fuel oil. Been back acouple of times since and all the fish we got tasted O.K. I posted about this back in January and some people replied that the fish have always tasted like fuel oil out of the canal. Those two fish were the only foul tasting ones I ever got. With all the amount of tug and freighter traffic there I bet there's alot of bilges being emptied in there and God only knows what else.

·
Registered
126 Posts
:)12 Here's a simple one I just had that was great.

Spread some shavings of butter over the fillet, brush or pour carefully some regular Italian Salad dressing, just a little. Liberally cover the fillets with the dry crumbly parmesan cheese, then place them over a grill with medium heat for 10 minutes. Yummy, Yummy! Try it with wild rice and some frozen corn that you sprinkle salt, butter, cayenne pepper and the same parmesan cheese over. Elotes!

·
Registered
85 Posts
ON THE GRILL ON TIN FOIL.
SPRINKLE GARLIC POWDER, MRS. DASH, PEPPER, SAGE, AND DILL WEED.
JUST PRIOR TO FISH BEING COMPLETE, SQEEZE ON LEMON.
SLIGHTLY BUTTER WHILE FISH IS BEING SERVED.

·
Registered
356 Posts
Roll in Seasoned bread crumbs, pan fry in a little olive oil.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Here is one that my Dad swears by:

Remove the skin. Season fish with seasoned salt, oregano, garlic (just a touch), and pepper. Put fillets in a frying pan and turn on high until you hear the fish starting to cook. Turn the heat to med. high and cover the fillets with a lid that is a little small for the pan but covers the fish (sounds wierd but it works) pour a 1/4 cup of water over the lid and let it run around the fish. The sizzle will stop and you will see steam coming from around the top. Continue to add water every time you hear the sizzle until the fish is done. Flip 1 or 2 times. Just before you take the fish off a a little lemon juice and let it cook for about a minute or so. It will make it crispy. Serve with butter.

My kids will eat it and they dont eat anything.

I hope you like it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.