ChicagoLand Fishing Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been looking at past post and have not found any real good post on either lake. I am thinking about heading to either lake at the end of April for a full day. I want to try my luck at some spring crappies. And maybe work for some bass and spring muskie. If anyone can let me know whet to expect at either lake that would be very helpful.

·
Registered
323 Posts
Ive never fished lake Sule but pass it all the time. The lake has no cover to speak of and if its windy its nasty. Good thing is i never see any boats there on the weekdays most i have seen was one. Maybe its different on the weekends. Sorry i dont have any other info on the other lake.

·
Registered
62 Posts
I'd try carlton, fished it many times.. Has alot of good cover and down timber along the one shore line.. Really big bass and musky never crappie fished there but have talked to people out at the lake and they said its great

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the info. I was looking more towards Carlton but figured if I could save an hour of driving I would. I am going May 8th in the late afternoon fish for a little while then hit it hard all day on the 9th. I will post how I did

·
Registered
608 Posts
Lake Carlton seem to be better and I went to Lake Sule several times which is only 15 miles from my parents. I don't have much luck for musky at Lake Sule around shoreline. Most is shallow and lack of covers. Some cribs out of the pier and park a lot. Some nice crappies on slip float and minnows off the dock! Boat would be better in Lake Sule to find muskies. Looking for school of shads and walleye then musky would be nearby!

·
Registered
489 Posts
I know where Lake Carlton is, but where is Lake Sule?

Thanks!

D

·
Registered
489 Posts
Is it visible from the interstate? I sometimes go tht way to head north on 39, and there is a small lake right there on the nrthwest corner. I never knew that was a public access body of water, if it is Lake Sule. Wow, you learn something new everyday. :-D

·
Registered
608 Posts
If use 88 then get off 251! Its about 2 miles pass 39 when you come from Chicago area! 251 right to north and maybe a mile until you see sign Lake Sule then follow it until you get there! Its wild open lake and sometime very windy!
Good luck and let us know!

·
Registered
489 Posts
Anyone know if any lake map exists for Lake Sule? I am going to give it a shot this summer.

Boat / Motor Restrictions? Never been there, but based on drive by, I can tell it is not really big, so is it maybe trolling motor only? Or, at most, I would guess a 10HP limit?

D

1 - 12 of 12 Posts