ChicagoLand Fishing Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm thinking of heading back to Willow Slough. Anyone been there this week? How's the ice doing?

Heard someone went thru at Wampum. So a request for some up-to-the-minute reports on area ice conditions is warranted as we near the end... :cry:

·
Premium Member
1,326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Went to Willow Slough today. Turned around and came right back home. Over half the lake is open water! Arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgh.

·
Premium Member
1,326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks deadeye. :-D

I need to get out at least one more time before putting all the ice fishing gear away!

·
Registered
161 Posts
Clear lake at Mazonia north yesterday was horrible. 2 gills in 2 hrs. The lake has some type of decay or fungas looking stuff all thru it. Lookes pink and fluffy kinda of like ham soup. You can see it all under the clear ice. Shore was getting watery from all the radiating sun around the reeds. All the shallow spots are icing out around shore as well, boot went thru at shore but it was only 3 inches deep. Wont be long before a 2x6x6 will be needed to even get on the lakes if they even allow it next week. ice was 4in back bays and 6in main lake areas. This was taken with a tape measure that I keep in the vex. Didnt get a chance to see pondo or any of the S unit lakes.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Fished Pondo today. Ice was decent, averaged about 8 inches. Shoreline is melting and the walk throughs were melting. Got my limit of gills, all 8-9 inchers.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Fished at Silver Lake in the Blackwell preserve today.
About 15 inches of ice. Caught a Rainbow on a tip up supplied by one of the guys I was with. He had to go back in as I don't have an inland stamp.
No one else did either.

·
Registered
405 Posts
busse's southpool has 8-10 inches as of 3/11 but the main lake has some open water as of 3/09 and ice varied from 8-10 in most area's and down to 3-5 in some and I found 1 inch in a couple areas. I walked almost the whole main lake and boy was it a hike! Bring the spud bar!

Wrench

1 - 11 of 11 Posts