ChicagoLand Fishing Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What are people so affraid of that if someone uses a lure they mention that a place will be fished out. Say you have 100 anglers with the same good lure. Only 10% of them at any given time will be catching fish on that hot lure. To not mention places and lures used is not informing us of anything, in my opinion. You look at every post I got on here. I mention exact locations, exact colors, exact everything. I'm not affraid that someone else will catch fish too. Isn't this what this web sight's all about? To share info? Afterall, very few local tv shows or magazines can elaborate as this web sight and its users do. /wtf /siterock /iagree /topic /help /thanks

·
Registered
1,554 Posts
Pay the $15 and come in to the Subscriber's Forum...people are more open to sharing there.

·
Administrator
11,722 Posts
We've been over and over the exact location thing and that's something that is up to the individual.
Colors and lures are very helpful IMO but then again not everyone remembers to include those things in their reports.

·
Administrator
11,722 Posts
flounder said:
what kind of fishing info do you need i will give it to for free
Ok flounder, next time you go fishing post exactly where you were.

·
Registered
299 Posts
it was last thursday trolling hinny staying about 50 years off shore trolling shad raps perch and purple color sr5s . fishing the north side 50 feet behind boards. hope this helps . p.s. use 20# leader they where braking 12lbs see you guys out thursday agian

·
Administrator
11,722 Posts
As I said, not everyone remembers...
Not a bad try flounder but you did too.
We have no idea where you were doing all this trolling. ;)

Not only that but trolling a lake is a little different than making a post about the exact small pond you were fishing, or the exact location of a small eddy on a river.

·
Premium Member
5,645 Posts
Its a free country and to each there own. Even if this was encouraged, how in the heck would Ed regulate making sure everyone posted their exact details. It would be like trying to convince every democrat to turn republican or vice versa. It just ain't happening. I have found that a polite PM usually will get you the extra bit of information you are seeking. Of course, it always helps if you can offer something solid in return. An impolite PM demanding info probably won't get you very far. Like it was already stated, being a subscriber lets you into the forum to see more detailed reports and I really believe it also gives you a bit of credibility when PM'ing another subscriber with a question or two.

Anyways, in honor of full disclosure, I will throw up a full report from last night.

Fished Shabbona from 5:30P-7:30P. Temps at launch were 59 and up to 61.5 in the back of the NE bay. Fished a shad pattern Mann's -1 over the emerging weeds with 6lb Fireline, Stradic FI, and 7 foot medium/light action Ugly Stik. Used various retrieves from a straight retrieve, stop and go, and also ripped it. Best action was towards the back of the bay towards the east shore where there was a good patch of newly emergent green weeds. There a very large stick right on the bank of the North shore, and adjacent to that, out in about 4 feet is where I lined the boat up. Total catches were 2 short bass and a small muskie. Towards the end of the evening I got slammed hard on a rip pause retrieve and it was bye-bye -1. I would of liked to have at least seen that fish. The water temp only has to go up another couple of degrees to get to the prime bite for the bass, so from here on out, I think anytime one can get out there is the right time. Better early then late IMO.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I don't normally post the exact location because in my opinion it does not matter. What does matter to me is general info. Being a maried man with 2 kids under 3 MY TIME is important. What I can read in 15 min of posts will save me an hour on the water trying to figure out a pattern, lure, speed and general locations be it dabbling or running a rapala on a break line. This river took me a couple years to figure out and I am glad someone didn't say go to South elgin and fish the third boulder sticking out on the East side with a cleo at 5 cranks a seconds at high noon on the third Sunday in April. With general info someone can go anywhere from Algonquin to Oswego and have a starting point to work with with the methods not the location. This applies to lakes as well as rivers and ponds and who knows you may even find your little piece of heaven while out exploring
Just My Opinoin

·
Registered
2,256 Posts
Craig has crystalized what sharing info is all about.

·
Premium Member
3,604 Posts
Craig S. said:
I don't normally post the exact location because in my opinion it does not matter. What does matter to me is general info. Being a maried man with 2 kids under 3 MY TIME is important. What I can read in 15 min of posts will save me an hour on the water trying to figure out a pattern, lure, speed and general locations be it dabbling or running a rapala on a break line. This river took me a couple years to figure out and I am glad someone didn't say go to South elgin and fish the third boulder sticking out on the East side with a cleo at 5 cranks a seconds at high noon on the third Sunday in April. With general info someone can go anywhere from Algonquin to Oswego and have a starting point to work with with the methods not the location. This applies to lakes as well as rivers and ponds and who knows you may even find your little piece of heaven while out exploring
Just My Opinoin
Very Good, Right On The Money! :)2

·
Registered
47 Posts
such great advice from a poster with only a few posts...

Actually we had to reset me in the database last fall and my old info didn't follow but if you look in the archives there are quite a few specifics about where when and what time and time of year that can really help.
I even go back and reread mine and others posts for the time of year just to refresh the old noggin now and again

·
Premium Member
8,116 Posts
Ahh, that explains alot! I wondered how we had a 4 yr. subscriber with 33 posts!!! Well anyway, I don't care how many posts you have, that was good advice above, one everyone should understand!!! :)2 :)2

·
Premium Member
3,604 Posts
Count'em,
yes 5 people in a row actually agreed on something. :eek:

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
wowee!

/topic Funny stuff! I hafta...oops allready sneezed. I hope I'm not getting allergies. Oh, man, it just hit me. I feel like I just got an instant flu.

·
Administrator
11,722 Posts
Tubes77 said:
Ahh, that explains alot! I wondered how we had a 4 yr. subscriber with 33 posts!!! Well anyway, I don't care how many posts you have, that was good advice above, one everyone should understand!!! :)2 :)2
Craig S. was actually one of the original CLF subscribers from back in the day when we used the old wwwboards.
He along with Fonzie, Chuck, ... ah, I'll save that for a page on the 10th anniversary stuff. ;)

·
Registered
47 Posts
10 years you have got to be sh*%$#ing me thatlong???????

Been married 7 wait I have an itch!!!!! just kidding

All that time and I still haven't gotten a patch :evil: :evil: :evil:

Can't wait to see what you put together this time :)2 :)2

·
Registered
5,082 Posts
I would agree 100% with Craig, if you read a post that gives information on certain depths, lure colors, presentations, etc, you'll find that the same will work in many other areas on many different lakes during that time. Many hours can be spent by fisherman finding those special spots that produce. If they were shared with everyone, nobody would ever try new spots would they?? Just about all bodies of water, especially rivers change over the years and a hot spot 5 years ago may be gone this year. If we share the basics and techniques with others, they will have the ability to find their own hot spots. Most fisherman have their honey holes that they may fish for more than just their productive values. Solitude is one of them which is lost if it is posted on public sites. I've posted exact locations in the past to find 5-6 boats there the next morning. A fisherman really has no obligation to share any information but do because many find personal gratification in helping others. Then again if helping others leads to having your honey hole attacked within 24 hours, most including myself will withhold this informaton. A big part of my fishing enjoyment is the hunt. Sometimes I wonder if I like the hunt more than the catch. Plus, lets face it, fish don't stay in one place, a hot spot in the spring may produce nothing 6 months later. The key is to find presentations and tips on the body of water your planning on fishing and hit the water with confidence. If you do this, odds are in your favor to find your own spots. It's very rewarding when fishing a lake or river and finding a new spot, then figuring out why it's a good spot so you can look for other areas that may mirror that location. It's called putting the time in to become successful on any given body of water. ;)

Not trying to sound like a wise guy but, if someone asks for a specific location to get fish because they don't want to put in the time hunting and experimenting, give them the location of the nearest Jewel. They'll find plenty of fish there while saving lots of time, money and all the work. :lol:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts