ChicagoLand Fishing Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im sorry to inform anyone who was going to make the trip out this sunday that im cancelling the trip.Due to water levels and clarity it's just way to dangerous to wade the Kishwaukee,if even possible at all. I checked out quite a few places and it didnt seem to get any better no matter where i went. I will say the current is so fast that it would take your feet right out from under you,and clarity is chocolate milk. We tried but Mother Nature can be a pain in the butt sometimes. Thanks Kevin Dells :)16

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I was out there today, and it didn't seem that bad. Just work the slack water areas. This is what separates the men from the boys.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
<font color="#FFFF00">Normally i would fish the Kish under these conditions,but for a outing i would expect 20 guys who have never fished the Kish at all before.Yes their very experienced at wading in tough conditions but on their own waters. The one thing about the Kish is that some of our holes dont gradually drop off,they drop off fast! With the water temps as cold as they are this wouldnt be a good idea,besides i would like to show these guys what the beautiful Kish looks like not the muddy turrbulent one. With three more events plahhed over the summer why push it. The last thing i needed to consider was i had 3 guys coming from the Bolingbrook area,would it be worth their 2 hour drive or would i be waisting their time. You said to fish slack water so tell me how many did you catch today?</font>

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
Kevin.....One post of yours tells of the boat you just bought and the next topic relates that your wading trip is cancelled. Hmmmmmm..... :)25

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
<font color="#00FF00">Bassman, havent got the boat yet and probably wont till around July. The boats my dads and i need to hang his kitchen cabinets before he will let me take it.I owe him money. Besides i dont have anything to pull it with i may have to put a hitch on my wifes Taurus. No i cancelled the trip because water levels were to high,i didnt want guy's to make the trip down to find a muddy disturbed river that would be real tough to wade and catch fish. Besides my best opportunity to catch fish is by wading for smallies,its what ive been doing for years and its what im best at. The boat is for upper wisconsin trips later this year. Kevin</font>we did hit the local preserve lake yesterday and caught a few small green ugly fish, Tom L. did get a huge 20" ugly green fish and it was nice to see a fish that big.
We took the canoes and kayaks though and that was fun.

·
Registered
49 Posts
<font color="#000000">Between the 3 of us, 11 largemouth (ugly green fish?!?), all on the classic early season north shore, wind blown side. Average size 12-13inches and hitting like gang busters! Hey, that 20incher was a thing of beauty! Fishski (aka Tom L)</font>

1 - 7 of 7 Posts