ChicagoLand Fishing Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Before the 9/11/01 event our club has had a permit submitted to Mark Ments (Mazonia DNR guy) for annual buddy tournament. After the tradgedy of last year, and with the closing of the lake for security reasons, I had been in contcat with Mr. Ments about the implications of the lake being closed and our event.

When I got word that the lake would be open in April (April 1st to be exact..sorry I missed calling that one by a few days) I called Mr. Ments to inquire about our club still holding the event. Mr. Ments stated to me that if the lake opens before April 7th, he would approve the tournament.

When I found out that the lake was going to be opened this past Thursday, I placed numerous calls to Mr. Ments to make sure that our agreement was still in place and to let him now that we would be at the south ramp on April 7th as noted. He did not return my phone calls until yesterday afternoon (Saturday).

Mr. Ments has stated that he is not going to approve our permit, as he is not going to allow any tournaments for the month of April. When I brought up our previous discussion regarding that if the lake was to be opened before April 7th that the event could take place?...he stated that he did not care.

So there you have it. Those who sent in your entry fees will recieve a refund within 2 weeks or so. I need to get the mailing list to our club treasurer, and once he gets this he will send them out to you. I want to thank all of you who signed up, and hopefully there will be no issues for next year.

Greg Banks
Illinois valley BassMasters

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
The sound you just heard was that of many hearts being broken! I know a lot of guys were really looking forward to fishing this event (one that even bought some new equipment:) It's a shame we are still feeling the effects of what happened on 9-11-01 Hope this never has to happen again!

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
Bummer.......now I'll have to look for another Tournament REAL SOON! I've got the competitive juices flowing and all kinds of new gear and tackle. I should have known...I just placed a big order with Bass Pro last night.
Looks like life does NOT go on in some respects.

·
Registered
321 Posts
What a freakin' bummer.The little jerk probably has a girlfriend with p*ta.
I'm more curious as to what the reason is for the cancellation is than I am upset about it.So much for being back to normal.What's next,a credit check before you're allowed to launch your boat?

·
Registered
315 Posts
If anyone is looking for an alternative for April,the BFL is still taking applications for it's April 20th tourny at Rend lake. Today is the last day for online (guaranteed entry), if you sign up with a co-boater. But regestration is still open after that. There are a # of boater looking for co-boaters. You will not fish with your boat partner, it is a draw tourny. Partners are for increesing your chances of getting in.

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
Hold on to your tickets! Not too tightly though. I talked with Greg this morning and he will call one of his people down in Springfield in charge of impoundments, but it's a long shot at best.
Before everyone goes off the deep end on the DNR, consider that IVBM still covets a permit for next year and thereafter. If Greg alienates these guys, we can forget about that early April tourney in the future.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Man am I disappointed$$ With the late opening, I was sure that great weights were going to be brought in. Well Mrbass and I will still be there tomorrow. I might as well go fish the Illinois river for a while and catch some walleye to eat! Bob. If you want meet me and Mrbass at the north ramp with some Crispy Cremes and let's fish.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Nothing would please me more than to feed you two a mess of Krispy's & then give you both a fishing lesson, unfortunately I am previously indisposed monday AM (gotta take Moms in for a little eye surgery) Maybe another time?
PS. Chocolate Cream/Zanax filled...right?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts