ChicagoLand Fishing Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is a hidden gem of Lake County. Boat rental place is now open. Take you kids to fishing--if not boating.

·
Registered
285 Posts
not to sound like i am here just to contradict you, but you are partially right about Independence Grove. It is a gem. But it is in no way hidden. Nearly everyone who fishes the Chicago area had been waiting for a long time for this place to open last year. And, under assumption, I doubt anyone was disappointed. But indeed you have stumbled yourself on one of the finest lakes. Let's hope the catch & release policy stays in effect and makes this a place to be fished for many years. Lake County FP did a great job with this site. I like it so much, I'm getting married there in June.

Mike

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I saw people fishing with crankbaits and not having much luck. Try the live baits--it works better at this place.

·
Registered
342 Posts
Pre-rigged plastic worms fished slowly have worked well for me at IG. Live bait has worked even better. Every time I post about IG I make the same comment, so I'll be consistent. I'd love to see them keep this lake C & R only. If you see people keeping fish, throw them in the water (the people and the fish).

·
Registered
285 Posts
It is located on buckley rd(rt 137), just west of I-294 in Libertyville. In Lake County.

Mike

1 - 7 of 7 Posts