ChicagoLand Fishing Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On every other message board I've been a part of it is customary to introduce yourself. I don't know if you guys do here or not, but I figured it can't be a bad thing.

My name is Cory and I am from the Minooka/Channahon area. I have always fished, and we use to go to Minnesota every year until my grandparent's health started to slide. My grandpa, who lived to fish, just died before this past Thanksgiving. Between my college classes and jobs I figured fishing more would be a great stress reliever, and a good way to reflect on the good times I had spent with my grandpa.

Yesterday I picked up a 9 foot pond prowler in hopes of going out to the less fished areas of the Aux Sable creek, and some of the other ponds and small lakes around here. I mainly panfish, but as soon as money allows I am going to look for a new rod and reel to fish bigger. :-D

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
Welcome to CLF. :)2 As you browse around you will find a wealth of great information here. Alot of good people on here. 8:)

·
Premium Member
3,604 Posts
Maui Jim said:
Welcome to CLF. :)2 As you browse around you will find a wealth of great information here. Alot of good people on here. 8:)
Yup right spot. :)2

From passing gas in the woods to :p fishin, huntin, cooking, just a wealth of information.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Hey Cory and Y'all!
I'm new around this board myself. Been fishing Illinois all my 53 years (well not exactly all) I'm looking forward to posting with all of you. :)2

·
Administrator
11,722 Posts
/welcome

Welcome guys, jump right in.

·
Registered
2,256 Posts
Howdy ya'll.
I've gotten a few nice feesh out of the Aux Sable.
I don't know about a prowler on it, but it would be a good crick to canoe.

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Raptor said:
Howdy ya'll.
I've gotten a few nice feesh out of the Aux Sable.
I don't know about a prowler on it, but it would be a good crick to canoe.
I've gotta go check it out still. It doesn't take much water to float it. Since it is a flat bottom, I can't see it sitting any lower than a canoe would. All I have is the trolling motor.

I am wondering if I can use it in the smaller bodies of water down in Braidwood. I see there are only ramps on the two largest, but two guys can lift and carry the prowler easy. Does anyone know?

·
Premium Member
3,936 Posts
Welcome to both of you. Enjoy.

·
Premium Member
2,679 Posts
Welcome

Welcome to this great fishing site. I am sure someone will be able to answer your questions on the Prowler, because a few guys on this site have them. Good luck for a great fishing experience this spring and summer.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts