ChicagoLand Fishing Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I probably should be posting this in boats but this section gets more views. Here's the questions, a brand new 2006 Proline MSRP'd in 06 for 49K. I looked on NADA and just cant find answers. Some told me you need to becareful of the motor sitting around. Is that true? Any help is apprecited. I know they pay "juice" on the boat but what loss should they take as well as, soon as one buys it, it depreciates. So is it worth it. The boat now is 39K.

·
Registered
51 Posts
To get a acurate value of a boat you would have to give more information about it nt just the manufacture. I would also look in boattrader.com for the same boat for sale to get the value. I also would worry to much about a brand new engine (never run at all) sitting around for a few years.

JohnL

·
Registered
51 Posts
Sorry about my typing skills

I would not worry about a new motor a couple of years old. As long as it has not been sitting around with gas in the carb's or fuel injectors it should be fine. Also it should still have the full waranty on it.

JohnL.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I found it pays to look around a find a used boat with low hours, then buying a new one. Check your local circuits for pros with boat sponsors a lot of them get a new boat every 9-12 months. I bought my 2004 Ranger for 33,200 instead of 46 k at the time. only 9 months old. and in mint condition. Owned by a guide that was not allowed to run the big motor on a pvt lake out here he guided on, motor had 10 hours on it. Motors will not be affected by sitting if they they are stored properly. good luck
Scott

·
Premium Member
1,218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
bassin socal said:
I found it pays to look around a find a used boat with low hours, then buying a new one. Check your local circuits for pros with boat sponsors a lot of them get a new boat every 9-12 months. I bought my 2004 Ranger for 33,200 instead of 46 k at the time. only 9 months old. and in mint condition. Owned by a guide that was not allowed to run the big motor on a pvt lake out here he guided on, motor had 10 hours on it. Motors will not be affected by sitting if they they are stored properly. good luck
Scott
That would be great but I'm looking for a walk around. Thanks.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts