ChicagoLand Fishing Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On the Southeast corner of Butterfield Rd and Naperville Rd. there's a nice sized lake/pond. It's right across a strip mall. Looks like a forest preserve. But I've yet to see anyone fishing it. Is it fishable? Doesn't look like there's parking (from what i could see). Is it loaded with fish just waiting for a lure?...anyone have any idea as to it's name or fishability???

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: bioteach on 2002-04-23 10:19 ]</font>

·
Registered
35 Posts
If its the one im thinking of, theres a forest preserve parking lot just south of there on Napervill rd.It gets some presure from the "take every panfish I can find "group ,but you dont see many of them walking to the north end.Good luck,TKING

·
Registered
50 Posts
The lake that you are describing is called
Rice Lake and is located in the Danada Forest Preserve. The lake has Largemouth Bass, Blue Gill, Channel Catfish, Crappie, Green Sunfish,
and Common Carp. The lake has a stocking program and is part of the recreational fisheries management program for the DuPage Forest Preserve. Contact the forest Preserve to get a "Fishing In DuPage" guide to the fishing lakes in the forest preserve. Rice Lake is included in the guide.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts