ChicagoLand Fishing Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, it's here. $4 a gallon for gas and it's not even Memorial Day. How far will it go??? By time they are done we'll be happy with $3.50 a gallon.

·
Registered
356 Posts
Where do you live at? I haven't checked lately but is it really that high? This is so freakin stupid, what a bunch of crap.

·
Administrator
11,722 Posts
I just filled up for $3.39/gallon yesterday.
Most places around here are still around $3.50 but that was yesterday :-?

·
Registered
1,404 Posts
Waukegan is pretty much $3.42 per gallon.
Needless to say, I don't let my surburban tank go less than 3/4!!

·
Administrator
11,722 Posts
fishhog said:
Waukegan is pretty much $3.42 per gallon.
Needless to say, I don't let my surburban tank go less than 3/4!!
So you stop on the way to work and then on the way home again? ;)

·
Registered
531 Posts
You can still buy gas for around $3.00/gallon........IN MINNESOTA !!
Some of the nations cheapest gas. Also some of the nations BEST fishing.

Why don't I live there?????.....soon baby, soon !!

·
Premium Member
3,604 Posts
Lake Zurich- COSTCO $3.43gal. April, 10th.

Wait till the Summer Blend takes over :eek:

Next time ya see a tree hugger who back when, started all these different blends, GIVE'em a HUG :evil:

·
Registered
407 Posts
Price gouging is why

My nephew in Idaho says it's $3.20 per gallon out there. Around here on Cicero Ave north of Midway, there are some near $4.00 per gallon. They allways are 25 to 50 cents higher. You know what disturbs me was what my nephew was saying out there. He gets steak (London Broil) for $1.50 a pond. Virtually every employer out there offers benefits, many of them pay for it. He says everything's cheaper there, heating gas, gasoline, food, milk, insurence, liscense fees. Illinois, particularly Cook County is nearly THE highest place in the entire USA for a lot of things. Yet, we keep paying the prices no matter what it is. Like the senior citizens a Jewel the other day say "Oh dear? I geussd I'll not get my prescriptions filled so we can buy some Raman Noodle Soup. That'll last a week. I guess my heart doesn't get its medicine this month again." I hear stories like this daily at grocery stores. I think a lot of Illinoisans are being driven to do without things because of how much prices of things are compared to rest of the country.

·
Registered
531 Posts
Agree....Illinois is a horrible place. I really cannot figure why anyone lives here except that they had the misfortune of being BORN here and never got up the energy to leave ! I am one of those folks.....I have lived here for 54 years and I am gettin' outa here ASAP.
Things are more expensive; the natural resources are horrible; no scenery at all....flat as a pancake; fishing sucks (compared to 100 other places); the highways are always full of people and potholes; the real estate taxes are obscene; the weather is awful; and on and on and on.
:x

Sorry fellers, I just had to vent. I travel all over the US (and formerly the world ) and there are just sooooooo many nicer places to live, with a better quality of life.

·
Premium Member
2,679 Posts
High prices of Gasoline

Ed said:
I just filled up for $3.39/gallon yesterday.
Most places around here are still around $3.50 but that was yesterday :-?

I live in the Burbank,Il. area. The prices around here for 87 Octane is 3.50

·
Premium Member
3,604 Posts
AAAV8OR said:
Agree....Illinois is a horrible place. I really cannot figure why anyone lives here except that they had the misfortune of being BORN here and never got up the energy to leave ! I am one of those folks.....I have lived here for 54 years and I am gettin' outa here ASAP.
Things are more expensive; the natural resources are horrible; no scenery at all....flat as a pancake; fishing sucks (compared to 100 other places); the highways are always full of people and potholes; the real estate taxes are obscene; the weather is awful; and on and on and on.
:x

Sorry fellers, I just had to vent. I travel all over the US (and formerly the world ) and there are just sooooooo many nicer places to live, with a better quality of life.
Don't know where you go fishin', in general, I feel gifted with all the GREAT FISHING we have in our area.
Then WE have to look at that glass of water?

Is it 1/2 empty or 1/2 FULL ?

TELL US HOW YOU REALLY FEEL :roll:

·
Registered
36 Posts
Here in cook county someone took half my water

·
Premium Member
5,645 Posts
After hopping around the states in the military, I'll be the first to agree that IL is terrible for all the above mentioned reasons.

·
Premium Member
2,109 Posts
If you can't make a living in the Chicago area , you wount make it anywhere else. The one that realy gets me is , when we were looking to move out of state. The lawyer we had told us about the exit tax you have to pay when you move out of state. :x

·
Premium Member
2,109 Posts
When you sellyour house and leave the state, and you file state tax the next year from your new state, the state of Ill. hits you with a exit tax. Just another way of getting more money out of you for the last time.

·
Registered
407 Posts
Illinois fishing isn't that bad

I've lived in Illinois most of my life too. Look at IL DNR fish creel surverys of some of the best fishing. Saganashskee constantly ranks one of the best in the entire state for crappie and channel catfish. Tampier, mmm Tampier, for walleye was one of the best. The Des Plaines ranks near the top IN Cook County for catch rates of sauger per hour, some of the best walleye and northern pike anywhere in the state. I suppose Lake Michigan would be considered for the state better or best salmon and trout. Illinois isn't all that bad. How many states have as many sauger as the Illinois River? How come there are a great number of walleye places, when not that long ago, walleye fishing in Illinois was rare? Surly things could be improved, like cleaning up where we fish (trash mostly). But, there a lot of really good places to fish in Illinois. Can't forget the Kankakee, once home to over 100 species of naturally reproducing fish, some 40 to 50 species of mayflies and other insects that fish feed on that are known ONLY to occur on the Kankakee. I must say, the Des Paline River, is outstanding considering the species increases and quality walleye, pike, sauger, largemouth bass, crappie, and numbers of them that occur. It's all right in our back yard. I'm glad people knock this river. It gives us more alone time to seek those lunkers, though gasoline prices messes up that good feeling of being outdoors. There's not all flat lands in Illinois either. The areas of Shawnee National Forest, the Illinois, Fox, Kankakee, Vermillion, DuPage, even the Des Plaines are not all that flat of terraines. Trash is what irks me more than anythin. And, for a fishing liscense tro cost $13 or whatever it is, one catch of crappies to filet, or a few eater-sized saugers or walleye, or some catfish, more than equals the value of Illinois' fishing liscense cost. I think the best value for quality time, usefullness, entertainment, and possibly food, is the relativly cheap amoutn of money an Illinois fishing liscnse costs. One fish can equal the cost of it. If that's not a good value for the money, than nothing is worth living for anymore these days!

·
Premium Member
2,679 Posts
1 - 20 of 20 Posts