ChicagoLand Fishing Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
1st place Dave Getz and Jim Rura 7.51 lbs winning $ 1, 657
2nd place DeMarco Woods and John Mathias 7.45 lbs won $ 1,142
3rd place and Big Bass Kyle Danhausen and Dang Chhay 5.88 lbs winning $694 for third place, and $560 for big bass

·
Registered
323 Posts
Wow is that lake sad. 7 lbs for a winning weight. I think that lake needs some major help for bass :evil:

·
Registered
60 Posts
60 BOATS EQUALS 120 PLUS GUYS. EVEN WITH A COLD FRONT GUYS WOULD CATCH FISH. THERE ARE SOME PRETTY GOOD GUYS OUT THERE.THEY WOULD OF CAUGHT SOME FISH.

·
Registered
151 Posts
thats 120 poles but only 60 areas fished at one time. even with that said and given the weather conditions that lake should have produced a lot more than that. it use to hold a good bass population. i'll agree that if there are as many cats in there as it sounds, that will be detramental to the spawn. catfish are voracious creatures and will eat anything in there path. i loathe those fish. can't even bring myself to eat them. i havent fished there since early 90's but was thinking about going out there again since i now have a cousin with a boat. i think i'll re-think now. lol
unless you guys are just trying to throw me off the scent.......... hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
there might be something fishy around here. (pun intended)

·
Registered
194 Posts
Yep they are throwing you off. There are tons of fish there. You will catch 3-4 on every cast. I heard a guy sunk his boat he had so many fish in it. Oh, and there are no shallow spots either so run the lake wide open. Wind... what wind? 20...30...40MPH? No problem.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts