ChicagoLand Fishing Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi friends,

I fished off the pier at jackson today for a few hours.

Things were pretty good. Guys said that yesterday they were biting, and a lot of people were catching today. I was 1 for 3 and the guy next to me went 2 for 4. All my hits were on a 3/4 ounce orange and silver cleo. I was also floating a tinsel jig with a piece of squid but that didn't do nothing for me today. I usually stick to one or two lures but people were using all type of things: various crankbaits, all type of spoons, and plenty of spinners.

The one I caught was an okay sized coho. It was maybe 3 or even 4 pounds. Some guys hooked browns, including one roughly eight pounder that jumped like crazy and busted off when the guy tried to horse it in. Some of the pros were doing better, and one guy had 4 fish, which he kindly gave me since he said his freezer was full and he had all he could use. I wasn't surprised since he was fishing with a local legend who caught over 50 salmon last fall. Jackson is definitely one of the friendliest fishing spots in the city.

It was sunny and real nice so I took a few pictures. I haven't yet read up on how to upload images here, but I figure it's no big deal since if you're reading this the odds are you already know what a coho looks like.
Finally, my dinnertime experience happily reminded me of the fact that spring coho are way better to eat than fall Kings.

good luck,
Hank

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Obviously I mistakenly put this post in the wrong forum. I probably couldn't even tell you where on the map to find cooling/lakes Shabbona

·
Registered
2,585 Posts
Once I caught a Coho at Shabbona. 8:)

I bet if you asked Ed he could switch to the appropriate topic.

Thanks for the report Hank G.

Now to upload pics, here's the easiest way:
1. Create a photobucket.com account
2. Upload pics to photobucket
3. Copy and past photo URL (photobucket gives you this) into the text box next time you post on CLF

-Mike

1 - 3 of 3 Posts