ChicagoLand Fishing Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello friends,

Me and my homeboy Mike fished Jackson this afternoon. A lot of the regulars were out having a pretty good day. They said that they were catching huge browns in the morning including one they said was 15 pounds.

Mike has done his homework and built himself a pretty cool powerline setup which we fired out. He got the bell rung three times on the powerline but we didn't hook any of them. They were probably smaller coho.

At the point when the fog was thickest, some guy came by in a boat and drove over the powerline setup. Despite me running down the pier and telling him far in advance to turn and not go over our line, he wasn't able to turn in time. Luckily his boat had an in board and he didn't cut the line.
He was saying he was lost and needed to find his way to the harbor. This guy seemed to have the nautical sense of Gilligan.

I caught 2 fish. A small coho probably a pound and a half and a pretty nice steelhead. The steelhead measured just shy of 26 inches. He busted off on some pretty strong runs and stripped out his fair share of 6 pound line before it was all over. Both fish hit a half ounce KO wobbler. I think that is pretty much my go-to springtime lure.

Here's some pictures.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I was fishing at Montroes Harbor Saturday from shore, and a boat came out of the fog heading west . After all of us yelled at the boater as he headed to the shore , he turned and went back into the fog. Fishing report :Used Kasmaster and cleo, had a couple 2 or 3 lb salmon swim up to the Kasmaster and turn away just has I was bringing my lure in. A few fish were caught on power lines, they all looked to be Coho a few lbs each.The area is loaded with Goby .Lots of Smelt partys setting up all afternoon.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.